Fire breaks out at Modern Cafe
A fire broke out around 10.30 am yesterday at the popular Modern Cafe in the bustling Shivajinagar area
It was brought under control by 15 firefighters within 15 minutes. No injuries were reported. The blaze started at the café’s chimney and spread to the entire kitchen area.
After receiving the call for help, fire station officer Rajesh Jagtap and Saibaba Jilhevar reached the spot with two fire tenders, a water tanker and a bevy of firemen, who in a quarter of an hour, doused the flames after securing the outer area of the establishment. “We got the emergency call at 10.31 am.
There is no specific reason behind the fire. Maybe, it broke out due to poor maintenance of the kitchen chimney, which caught a spark and escalated to a blaze,” Jagtap said.
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Maharashtra Elections 2019: Pankaja Munde and Dhananjay Munde battle it out for Parli