Health: 9 ways to keep your skin cool from the summer heat
Help your skin cope with the scorching sun with these simple DIY kitchen remedies
1. Chill cucumber in a fridge and then crush it to extract juice. Dab it all over your face and wash it off with water when it dries. This will help narrow your pores and hydrate your skin.
2. Chill aloevera sap and apply it on your skin, especially to curesunburnt areas.
3. Another wonder ingredient to rescue your skin from sun tan is tomato juice and mashed papaya. Leave it on your skin for 10 to 15 minutes and rinse it off.
4. Several beauty brands offer face mists that are loaded with good minerals and cooling ingredients. Carry one in your bag and spray it on your face to instantly relieve and replenish your skin. The cheapest mist to buy is rose water; simply dab it on your face with a soft tissue or a mini spray bottle to refill, which is easily available at beauty stores and chemists.
5. Natural ingredients can irritate the skin too. For any pack, try it on your wrist first. In case it troubles your skin, stay away from it.
6. Do not leave the face packs on for more than 10 to 15 minutes as ingredients such as turmeric can either add a tinge to your skin, or irritate it.
— Information courtesy Dr Anju Methil, dermatologist
Mix and match
7. Mix two spoons of tomato juice and one spoon of honey and apply it all over your face and neck. The honey helps heal and moisturise your damaged skin and tomato juice reduces the tan.
8. Another popular anti-tan ingredient to salvage your skin is turmeric. Mix a pinch of turmeric with half a tea spoon of honey and apply it over your face for ten minutes. This also helps fight mild acne.
9.Mix half a teaspoon of curd, honey and gramflour. The curd will help reduce the tan and gram flour will help absorb the oiliness.
Health & Wellness: Face up to the sun (Read more)