Important points to keep in mind while buying your home
These pointers are more from a practical perspective, than a fiscal or legal viewThese pointers are more from a practical perspective, than a fiscal or legal view
* About the locality: Watch out for proximity to workplace, educational institutions, hospitals, shopping areas, entertainment centres, transportation, and pollution levels etc.
* Quoted area of the flat: Compare whether it is carpet, built-up area or super built-up area. Understand the difference -- ask your builder to explain.
* Car parking space: Whether compulsory to be bought or open to home buyer's needs, more than one slot required by a family, whether parking slot is stilt/open/covered/podium parking.
* Quality of construction: Reputation of the builder or seller does matter, as do the amenities that you're getting like water and electric supply other utilities etc.
* Cost components: Price, stamp duty, registration charges, transfer fees, maintenance charges, any other payments.
* Appreciation of the property: This is in terms of the resale value, and / or rental value.
* Other distinguishing features: Consider the advantages of the property