2 kids die, 400 hospitalised after eating Iftar food
Two kids died of food poisoning, while 400 others were hospitalised after eating at an Iftar party in West Bengal.
Two children died of food poisoning and over 400 people have been hospitalised after consuming food at an Iftar party in West Bengal, an official said today.
The party was held in Dum Dum in Nort 24-Parganas district Sunday night.
"A six-year-old girl and an 11-year-old boy died today while more than 400 people have been hospitalised after consuming food at an Iftar party," said Shyama Prasad Mitra, superintendent of the Infectious Diseases Hospital in Beliaghata where the persons are admitted.
He said a team of 15 more doctors had been requisitioned to meet the contingency.
He said patients had been flowing in since Sunday and the two children who died were admitted early Tuesday morning.