Madhya Pradesh: Teen electrocuted after climbing atop rail wagon for selfie
A probe is underway to find out why the teenager had climbed on top of the wagon
Madhya Pradesh: A teenager on Monday died after he climbed atop a wagon of a goods train reportedly to click a selfie and got electrocuted by the overhead wire, a railway security official said.
The incident happened near Bherugarh railway station in Jhabua in Madhya Pradesh, he added.
"Pankaj (16) climbed on top of the wagon in the afternoon to click a selfie as reported by eye-witnesses. He came in contact with a high-tension overhead wire and got electrocuted," said Bamania Railway Protection Force officer Uday Pratap Singh.
A probe is underway to find out why the teenager had climbed on top of the wagon, he added.
This story has been sourced from a third party syndicated feed, agencies. Mid-day accepts no responsibility or liability for its dependability, trustworthiness, reliability and data of the text. Mid-day management/mid-day.com reserves the sole right to alter, delete or remove (without notice) the content in its absolute discretion for any reason whatsoever
DISCLAIMER: mid-day and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
Mumbai protests against the Pulwama terror attack