Man burns self by accident

Published: Jul 13, 2010, 07:50 IST | Manjunath Hanji |

After a four-day struggle with his burn wounds, 32-year-old succumbs to injuries

After a four-day struggle with his burn wounds, 32-year-old succumbs to injuries

A 32-year-old man succumbed to his burn injuries at 11 pm in Victoria Hospital. T Subramanya gave up his four-day fight after 80 per cent of his body was burnt in a stove lighting mishap.

Subramanya along with his wife had come to Bangalore two years ago from Malaru in search of a job. According to neighbours, he worked in a garment factory and had a happy life.

Subramanya's brother Kumar T waiting outside Victoria Hospital.

However, owing to financial problems he resorted to drinking, which led to quarrels among the couple.

The quarrels between the couple increased and one day Subramanya threw Sujata out of the house.

His brother Kumar T told MiD DAY, "Yesterday night, he was trying to cook,  and while trying to ignite the stove he burned himself. His died because he threw his wife out of their home."

Six attempted Suicides

Six other attempted suicide cases were recorded at city hospitals. A couple, Rafiq (33) and Taslima (30) of Hosur Road are struggling for their lives. In another case, C Madhavi burnt herself after quarreling with her husband. Raghu of Ramangar and T Chandru of Kengeri are admitted to hospital after consuming poison. S Narasimha of J P Nagar consumed rat poison by accident.

Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from

loading image
This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. OK