Minor blaze at Shah Rukh Khan's home Mannat

Published: 23 November, 2013 07:58 IST | The Hitlist Team |

A short circuit in a bathroom at Mannat caused a minor blaze at Shah Rukh Khan's Bandra abode. The fire broke out at about 11.30 pm.

Says a source, “It was nothing major, it is all okay. It was just a minor short circuit.” 

Shah Rukh Khan
Shah Rukh Khan

Late on Thursday night, SRK wrote on his micro-blogging site, “All safe on the house front. Thanx to all deptts concerned. Now that the house is on fire let’s warm ourselves. Didn’t seem viable though.”

The fire was caused due to the short-circuit in the electric wiring of the exhaust fan in one of the bathrooms in an annexe to Mannat. The wooden frame of the fan also caught fire. No one was injured.

The Khans called the fire control department and a fire engine and a jumbo tank was sent to the bungalow, but the minor blaze was extinguished by fire extinguishers. 

Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.com

loading image
This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. OK