Minor fire breaks out in Mumbai local train; no one injured
A day after one of the coaches of a Andheri-CST local train caught fire, a similar incident occurred near Kalwa on the evening of December 5.
The incident occurred after a local train left Thane station for the Kalwa carshed and the pantograph caught fire.
"The local entered the carshed when the incident occurred," said a GRP official.
The railway officials present there managed to douse the flames and things were normal by 8pm. "The incident occurred inside the carshed. There was no disruption of services and no one were injured," said AK Singh, spokesperson, CR.
Incidentally, a fire had broken out in the Andheri-CST suburban local at Dockyard Road station on Tuesday leaving 11 commuters with burn injuries.
According to reports from railway authorities, the incident occurred due to the malfunctioning of a transformer located in the second coach of the train. The malfunction resulted in leakage of transformer oil, which ignited the fire.
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Mumbai: Local train derails at Kurla station, no casualties reported