Mumbai food: 7 best places for sandwiches in the city
Here is the list of some of the best places for sandwiches in Mumbai that have continued to be extremely popular among college, office goers since years
When in Mumbai, sandwich should be the quintessential part of your snack chart. People in Mumbai love making experimental vegetarian and non-vegetarian sandwiches. 'Bombay sandwich', typical to Mumbai, has satiated the hunger of innumerable folks residing here. Boiled potatoes, onions, cucumbers, beetroots, tomatoes, cheese, mayonnaise and tomato ketchup are the basic ingredients of the 'Bombay sandwich'. Each sandwich vendor has his unique way of making it, but they ensure that end product is delicious and hygienic. Toast, grilled or even plain, sandwiches in Mumbai are enjoyed in every form. Here is the list of some of the best places to get for sandwiches in Mumbai:
1. K3 Snacks: Nestled in the posh Hiranandani Gardens of Powai, this sweet and snack parlour is a sandwich specialist. The eatery is known for both grill and toast vegetarian sandwiches. Cheese, cottage cheese (paneer), chopped vegetables, cucumber and green chutney meticulously tucked between grilled or toasted bread make for a heavenly meal. Shredded cheese on the top of the sandwiches is a delectable add-on. Try their unique Tiranga Grill sandwich and Veg Mini Grill sandwich.
2. Sandwizzaa: It happened to be a road-side eatery on the past, but with time and it got promoted to a successful food joint. It serves some quirky sandwiches like Cheese Pineapple sandwich, Vegi mayo toast, Island Bite sandwich etc. The outlet has several branches across places like Lokhandwala, Santacruz West, Chakala, Vile Parle.
3. Right Place: The eatery excels in delectable Cheese Grill sandwich. It is located at Warden Road right opposite Breach Candy hospital. Chilli green chutney, coriander, chopped vegetables mixed with butter and cheese and placed inside crispy grilled breads make a lip smacking crunchy bite. Wheat bread grill sandwich and Pizza sandwich are commonly ordered sandwiches at Right Place.
4. Raju Sandwich Stall: The awesome Russian sandwich (big triangular grilled breads placed in three layers and filled with cheese and veggies) will surely help you get rid of hunger pangs. Another unique sandwich in Raju's menu is Chocolate Cheese sandwich. Many college goers in Mumbai have actually grown up eating Raju's cheesy delights. So why not try this age old sandwich joint (remember, not a streetside stall) in Churchgate?
5. Mithibai College Ka Famous Sandwich: This sandwich joint derived its name from Mumbai's popular Mithibai College in Vile Parle. Located right opposite Mithibai College, this food joint is famous amongst college-goers and residents of Juhu and Vile Parle. While Mayonnaise Cheese Grill sandwich gives a double cheesy delight, the Junglee Cheese Grill sandwich is all about assorted veggies and melted cheese.
6. Anand Stall: This is another hit amongst students of Mithibai College. Mayonnaise Cheese Mini Grill, Brown Bread Chilli Grill, Schezwan Grill and Junglee Grill sandwiches of Anand Stall are major crowd pullers. If you happen to be in Vile Parle West, then do satiate your sandwich cravings at this popular eatery.
7. Candies: Basically a bakery in the posh Bandra West locality of Mumbai, Candies is famous for the tasty American Club Sandwich. Some unique sandwiches on the platter here are Omlette sandwich, Tuna Salad sandwich, Mutton sandwich and Low Fat Chicken Salad sandwich. Its classy ambience dotted with nice music, soothing lights and stylish sitting arrangement turn the dining experience a heavenly affair.
These are some of the popular places where you can get sandwiches across Mumbai. If you think that we have missed out on one of your favourites, please feel free to let us know.
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Cyrus Broacha and Kunal Vijayakar on a quest to find the best food in Mumbai!