Neetu Dabodia's killing has ended reign of terror in Delhi: Police

Published: 25 October, 2013 14:05 IST | Agencies |

With the killing of Neetu Dabodia, Delhi's most wanted criminal and two of his associates in an encounter, a reign of terror in Delhi and NCR has come to an end, police said today.

Wanted in over 50 cases of contract killing, murder, extortion and kidnapping, Surendra Malik alias Neetu Dabodia alias Neetu Dabodhawas was a headache for Delhi and Haryana Police along with his associate Sandeep Chitania. 

"With the killing of Dabodia, a reign of terror in Delhi and NCR has come to an end," a senior police official said.

Chitania and Dabodia had fled from the custody of Haryana Police on April 2 last year. While Chitania was killed in an encounter by Haryana Police on May 17, Dabodia had been giving the police a slip and had been extorting money from businessmen in Delhi and Haryana.

He had also escaped during an encounter in February this year in Punjab despite being shot in his leg while his critically injured associate Dayanand alias Deena was arrested.

He was allegedly also involved in the brutal killing of Delhi Police Head Constable Ram Kishan posted at Kanjhawla Police Station on the intervening night of November 25 and 26 last year.

The constable had tried to stop the car in which he was moving along with his associates. When he tried to search them, they fired at him but Ram Kishan was not deterred and caught hold of the door of the car as the culprits escaped dragging him for a few meters before shooting him dead, police said.

Dabodiya finally ran out of his luck last night when he was killed along with two of his accomplices in an encounter with Delhi Police near a posh hotel here.

Acting on a tip-off, the Special Cell of Delhi Police had laid a trap near Hotel Grand Hyatt in Vasant Kunj at around 10:30 pm when Surendra Malik, alias Neetu Dabodia, along with two of his associates came in a car there.

When police intercepted them and asked them to surrender, they allegedly rammed their car into the police vehicle and opened fire at them, S N Srivasatava, Special Commissioner, Special Cell, had said. In retaliation, police fired at them injuring all the three, who were taken to AIIMS Trauma Care Centre where they were declared brought dead.

While one of Dabodiya's associate was identified as Alok Gupta, the identity of the third one is yet to be established, Srivasatava said.

Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from

loading image
This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. OK