One person charred to death as major fire breaks out at grain market in Mathura
The shopkeepers did not have authorised electricity connections and had made temporary arrangements
A 25-year-old trader was charred to death and wheat and paddy worth Rs 12 lakh destroyed after a major fire broke out at a market in Mathura on Thursday, police said.
Four fire tenders were rushed to the spot to douse the blaze, they said. The deceased was identified as Pintu alias Pappu, Chief Fire officer Sanjai Sharma said.
The shopkeepers did not have authorised electricity connections and had made temporary arrangements, he said. It is suspected that the fire broke out after a short circuit, Sharma said.
This story has been sourced from a third party syndicated feed, agencies. Mid-day accepts no responsibility or liability for its dependability, trustworthiness, reliability and data of the text. Mid-day management/mid-day.com reserves the sole right to alter, delete or remove (without notice) the content in its absolute discretion for any reason whatsoever
DISCLAIMER: mid-day and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
Major fire breaks out at building in South Mumbai