Over 150 guests at wedding function suffer from food poisoning
Over 150 people suffered from food poisoning after having meal during a wedding ceremony at a village in Gandhinagar, police said on Monday
Ahmedabad: Over 150 people suffered from food poisoning after having meal during a wedding ceremony at a village in Gandhinagar, police said on Monday.
The guests at the wedding ceremony of the son of one Govind Patel in Uvarsad village under Adalaj taluka started vomiting late last night after consuming food at the function, an Adalaj police official in Gandhinagar district said.
"In the wee hours today, 47 guests were admitted to Gandhinagar civil hospital with complaints of food poisoning. Soon, 100 more people were rushed to the hospital with similar complaint," the police said.
As many as 50 people were getting treated at Gandhinagar civil hospital, while 104 others were taken to Ahmedabad civil hospital for treatment, police said.
Total 154 people are undergoing treatment at two civil hospitals, police said, adding that a few others may have been taken to private hospitals.
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
250 people fall prey to poisonous food as wedding reception turns ghastly