Seven myths of post pregnancy weight loss
The post-pregnancy weight loss schedule can be demanding and stressing since getting a lean body shape is loaded with misconceptions, or to say, wrong advice by people around us
Putting on post-pregnancy weight is natural. However, what is not natural is the fact that it will stay with you forever and that, there are certain dos and don’ts which may or may not lead to weight loss. In short, there are many myths which need to be busted, related to the post-pregnancy weight loss regime.
The post-pregnancy weight loss schedule can be demanding and stressing since getting a lean body shape is loaded with misconceptions, or to say, wrong advice by people around us. It may finally lead us to believe that ‘it’ is a mammoth task. Well, it is not. Ramesh Gajria, Founder, TrainMe points some facts so that you are not pre-loaded with false notions about shedding calories or losing weight before you even workout a personal schedule.
- That stretch marks will go if you are trying to lose weight. It is likely that you keep on moisturising your stretch marks portion, however, the truth is that it has nothing to do with your weight loss program. Even if you lose the extra calories on your tummy or waistline, the stretch marks might still stay forever. Do not fret about it.
- Breastfeeding is healthy and good for the child. Moreover, it does help you get your breasts in shape, somewhat, but to expect it to be a perfect physical recipe for fitness is a bit of exaggeration.
- At the same time, it is a myth that your mummy tummy will stay with you forever. The abdomen weight is attached to the abdomen muscles and since it has been stressed during the pregnancy period, also affecting your spine, neck, and shoulders, it is advisable to consult a physiotherapist. A professional consultant will help you get your posture back in shape and thus assist you in losing weight in the right manner.
- Similarly, your back pain will stay with you forever is not true. It is a result of the stretched-out abdomen muscles and to be able to lose weight the right way, it is important you consult a physiotherapist for posture correction first.
- It is, however, only with continuous self-motivation and self-assurance can work towards losing the flab. Your pregnancy weight is not to stay with your forever. The pregnant body shape can be handled only with the right and consistent workout to lose weight.
- The extra belly needs a comprehensive workout plan. To say that you will lose the belly fat only with crunches or a regular workout is a myth. Moreover, it puts your spine and whole body under stress. Instead; you need a proper exercising plan plus a diet chart to embark a new fitness journey of a flatter belly.
- Another important fact associated with post-pregnancy weight loss is the hormonal changes. Certain hormonal conditions like the PCOS, or irregular periods, which generally act as a hindrance to weight loss, will go away post-pregnancy. The symptoms of these conditions will minimise or disappear after giving birth.
DISCLAIMER: mid-day and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
Inside Isha Ambani's engagement ceremony in Italy