Two die after inhaling toxic gas in well in Ghazipur
Two persons died allegedly of asphyxiation on entering a well in Narainpur village here, police said on Friday
Ghazipur (UP): Two persons died allegedly of asphyxiation on entering a well in Narainpur village in Uttar Pradesh, police said on Friday.
Police on Thursday raided an illicit liquor factory in the village and dumped the material seized from it in a dry well. After the police team left, two villagers - Bablu Bind (41) and Neeraj Bind (30) - entered the well, allegedly to retrieve the material but did not come out.
Later their bodies were brought out by locals, police said, adding it appears they died after inhaling poisonous gas in the well. The bodies have been sent for postmortem and further details will be known only after getting its report, police added.