Woman lawyer sends obscene messages to ex-minister-turned judge; apologises
The woman advocate had filed a false case against another advocate alleging sexual harassment. But, during the hearing, it was learnt that the woman who sent obscene messages to a former minister and a sub-judge
A 52-year-old woman lawyer, who sent obscene messages to a sub-judge and former minister allegedly under depression, escaped disciplinary action from the Bar Council of Puducherry and Tamil Nadu, as she tendered an unconditional apology through sworn affidavits. Considering her age, a special committee of the council comprising senior advocate R Singaravelan, chairman, members Ravi Shanmugam and S Ilamvaluthi accepted her apology and refrained from initiating any adverse action against her.
The committee stated, "A woman advocate coming forward to practice in courts at the age of 52 is very rare that too in mofussil areas. Therefore, we are not inclined to drive her out of the legal profession. Moreover, if a woman is punished, her entire family faces humiliation in society for generations together. In view of such thoughts, we avoid imposing any major punishment against her and choose to close all the complaints accepting her unconditional apology."
According to Times of India, the issue pertains to a complaint made by the woman advocate against another advocate alleging sexual harassment. However, during the hearing, it came to light that it was, in fact, the woman who sent obscene messages to a former minister and a sub-judge. To get away from the offence, the woman lawyer had registered a false complaint with the Bar Council.
Top News Stories Of The Day
- Mumbai cops land in LOC to search man who sent a pornographic video on WhatsApp
- mid-day test drive: Mumbai streets are alive with the danger of cylinders
- Mumbai: Priest dies of shock after seeing truck run over boy at Sion-Koliwada
- Mumbai: Snakes frequenting posh Malabar Hill Society scare residents
- Dead man's case files go missing from JJ Hospital
- Mumbai: 23 BMM students of Khalsa college stranded in final year
- Shiv Sena may get Dy CM post soon
- Thane police crack Vajreshwari temple theft, nab five
- Mumbai: Rape accused flees from cops through hospital toilet in Versova
- BJP in Mumbai North to keep 3,000 laddoos, pedas ready for Thursday
- Tushar Gandhi: To drag Bapu in was strategically planned
- Mumbai Mahila Congress seeks FIR against Vivek Oberoi for insulting women's modesty
- Court quashes sexual assault FIR against actor Jeetendra filed by cousin
- TikTok Celebrity Mohit Mor shot dead; act captured on CCTV
- Poonam Mahajan: Unseen family photos of Pramod Mahajan's daughter
- Elections 2019: Popular politicians and key battles in Mumbai
- Mumbai tour operators cancel travel plans to save the fireflies
- These photos of Milind Deora with wife Pooja and family are precious
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Closed skywalk in Bandra East leave commuters fuming!