5-year-old injured in high-tension cable explosion near Pune
In view of the tense situation following the serial blasts, cops took no chances and rushed to the site along with the bomb disposal squad
A five-year-old child sustained minor injuries when a high-tension wire exploded in Pimpri-Chinchwad near Pune yesterday.
According to police, the explosion followed a suspected short-circuit in a high-tension electric cable of the Maharashtra State Electricity Board running over Dange Chowk, around 3.25 pm, creating panic in the city.
In view of the tense situation following last month’s serial blasts in Pune, police took no chances and rushed to the site along with the bomb disposal squad and a forensic team. Police, however, emphatically said that the explosion was merely an accident and dismissed all speculation of it being a terror attack.
Also, Home Minister RR Patil, who was in the city, said, “Although it looks like a blast, it happened due to short circuit in the wires.”