From authentic Maharashtrain to modern-day world cuisine eateries, Dadar's Shivaji Park area has plenty of great places to eat. Here's our pick for 10 best places in the area.
1. Aaswad: If you are around Shivaji Park, then you cannot afford to miss this great place. This iconic Mumbai restaurant serves an amazing array of authentic Maharashtrain vegetarian dishes cooked home-style.
What to pick: Misal Pav, Poori and Batata Bhaji, Batata wada, thalipith, faloodas
Where: Opposite Amar Hind Mandal, Gokhale Road, Dadar (W), Shivaji Park
2. Gypsy Corner: Another pure vegetarian food joint popular for Maharashtrian quick bites such as vada pav, Sabudana wada and Thalipeeth. This joint is frequented by celebs from the Marathi film industry.
What to pick: Thalipeeth, Piyush, Misal pav, Dahipuri, Dudhi halwa, and different types of usal
Where: Opposite Shiv Sena Bhawan, Keluskar Road, Dadar Shivaji Park
3. Tamnak Thai: If you are roaming around Shivaji Park and develop a sudden craving for Chinese or Thai food, then drop into Tamnak Thai without giving a second thought. The portion is generous and the well-stocked bar offers a large selection of alcohol to compliment the food.
What to pick: Thick Red Curry Chicken, Pad Thai Noodle, Crispy veg, Chicken Satay and Thai Green Curry
Where: 274, Shivaji Park, Veer Savarkar Marg, Mumbai
4. Minus 301 Degrees F: The live ice-cream counter at this tiny ice-cream joint near Shivaji Park is a visual delight. The parlour serves unique ice cream variants that are not easily available in other places in Mumbai.
What to order: Ferrero Rocher ice cream rolls, Gulab Jamun ice cream, Chocolate Avalanche and nitrogen ice cream rolls
Where: Shop 3, 277, Amarkunj Cooperate Society, Veer Sawarkar Marg, Dadar Shivaji Park, Mumbai
5. Ovenfresh: This veggie-friendly restaurant is known for its innovative vegetarian dishes. It serves Italian, Mexican, and Mediterranean cuisines. The desserts are worth the compliments along with the outlet’s offbeat beverages.
What to order: Minestrone Soup, Paneer Steak Sizzler, royal chocolate mousse
Where: Kiran Building, Ranade Road, Dadar Shivaji Park
6. Ashok vada pav: This is one of the famous vada pav places in Mumbai. It is popularly known as Kirti college ka Vada pav. Because of the popularity, there's rush at the eatery and you may have to wait a while before laying your hands on this yummy Mumbai burger.
What to order: Vada pav, Bhaji pav, Chura pav
Where: Off Cadel Road, Kirti College Lane, Prabhadevi
7. Acharekar's Malvan Katta: This small cosy place serves authentic Malwani food at a reasonable rate. Seafood lovers who want to taste authentic and home-style Malvani food cannot afford to miss this food joint.
What to pick: Crab Masala, Surmai Thali, Surmai Fry, fish fry thali, Prawn masala
Where: 3, Ground Floor, Janaki Nivas, D.L. Vaidya Road, Dadar West
8. Open House Cafe and Bar: A bit on the higher side of the budget, this place in Mumbai is perfect to hang out post work over delectable food and superb drinks. Classy decor, loud music, sumptuous food and quick service make Open House Cafe and Bar an ideal hangout joint for the young crowd.
What to pick: Chicken Noodle Bowl, Juicy Lamb Burger, Gun Powder Fries, Bombil & Lamb Burger, Chilli Cheese Crostino, Cosmopolitan
Where: Amar Kunj, Cadel Road, Dadar Shivaji Park, Mumbai
9. Prakash Shakahari Upahaar Kendra: If you can overlook ambience for excellent food, then this is the place to be. Drop in for a traditional Maharashtrian offering anytime of the day.
What to pick: Piyush, Batata vada, Poori bhaji, Misal pav
Where: Horizon Towers, Ranade Road Dadar West, Dadar Shivaji Park
10. Light of Bharat: This popular restaurant in Dadar is one of the few places that serve Irani food. The eternal favourite - bun maska and chai is a popular order at this eatery.
What to order: Chicken tikka kepsa biryani, Keema Pav, Broon Maska, Bhurji pav
Where: 69, Meher Building, Ranade Road, Dadar Shivaji Park