CM Yogi Adityanath was first elected to the Lok Sabha from the Gorakhpur constituency in 1998 and has been re-elected to the Lok Sabha from the same constituency five times since then.
He was born on June 5, 1972, in Panchur, a small town in the district of Pauri Garhwal, Uttarakhand. On CM Yogi Adityanath birthday, read a few details about his political career in India:
Ujjain minor rape survivor case: Auto rickshaw driver arrested for raping girl
Mumbai: NCP chief Sharad Pawar, CM Eknath Shinde pay tribute to MS Swaminathan
Ujjain rape survivor case: Autorickshaw driver detained, five being questioned
Akhilesh Yadav slams MP govt over 'atrocities' and 'injustice' against women
Himachal Pradesh: Two killed, three injured in road accidents in Una
- Yogi Adityanath was appointed as the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh in March 2017.
- Prior to that, CM Yogi Adityanath had served as the Member of Parliament (MP) for Gorakhpur for five consecutive terms from the year 1998 to 2017. Besides, begin a politician, CM Adityanath is also the head priest of the Gorakhnath Math, a Hindu temple situated in Gorakhpur.
- CM Adityanath has been with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), one of the strongest political parties in India, since his youth.
- CM Adityanath started his political career as a student leader in the student wing of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) - Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP).
- He became a member of the BJP in 1991 and was elected to the lower house of the Parliament for the first time in 1998.
- CM Yogi Adityanath is known for his Hindutva ideology due to which he has been associated with several controversial statements.
- As his government rules in Uttar Pradesh, CM Adityanath has been strongly vocal about cow protection and has advocated for a nationwide ban on cow slaughter.
- He was appointed as the CM of Uttar Pradesh in March 2017 after his political party - BJP won a landslide victory in the state assembly elections.
- CM Yogi Adityanath's political career spans over two decades in the state of Uttar Pradesh.