24 May,2026 11:25 AM IST | Nashik | mid-day online correspondent
Major step as Nashik police move case towards trial stage against TCS. (Representational Pic)
Nashik Police on Friday have filed a detailed 1,500-page chargesheet in a sexual harassment case linked to the Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) BPO unit in Nashik.
The case involves multiple complaints and a total of nine FIRs have been registered against the accused so far. However, this is the first chargesheet filed in only one of the cases under investigation, reported IANS.
According to an official statement from Nashik Police Commissioner Sandeep Karnik's office, the Special Investigation Team (SIT) probing the matter has found evidence related to alleged forced religious conversion of the victim. The police said this act has also caused offence to religious sentiments. Investigators have also recovered original documents that were allegedly used to change the victim's name and identity.
Additionally, digital and technical evidence has been collected, including WhatsApp chat screenshots taken from the mobile phones of both the victim and the accused, as per the news agency.
The chargesheet names four accused -- Danish Ejaz Shaikh, Tausif Bilal Attar, Nida Ejaz Khan and Matin Majid Patel. Police have confirmed that none of the accused has been granted bail so far.
As per IANS, the 1,500-page primary chargesheet was submitted before the Additional Sessions and Special Court at Nashik Road. It has been filed under various sections of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita (BNS) and also under provisions of the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989.
The case was initially registered at Deolali Police Station in Nashik. Later, eight additional FIRs were filed at Mumbai Naka Police Station by other TCS employees, expanding the scope of the investigation. The charges include allegations of rape and offence related to religious sentiments.
The filing of the chargesheet has brought some relief to the victim and her supporters, who had been demanding quick action in the case. The incident had earlier sparked widespread outrage across Maharashtra after allegations of systematic workplace harassment surfaced,, as per the news agency.
Police officials have said the investigation is being carried out thoroughly to ensure justice, and the chargesheet is an important step towards beginning the trial process.
The case has also led to wider discussions about workplace safety, especially for women working in large corporate offices in tier-two cities like Nashik. Many employees and observers have called for stronger internal safeguards and better grievance redressal systems in the IT sector.
(With inputs from IANS)