18-month-old girl dies after falling head first in water tub in Virar

Updated: Jun 27, 2019, 11:03 IST | mid-day online correspondent | Mumbai

The child was playing in her apartment, when her mother stepped out to throw the garbage. When the mother got back home, she found her daughter's head in the tub filled with water

Representational image
Representational image

An 18-month-old girl allegedly drowned in a tub filled with water at her home in Virar, while her mother had stepped out to dispose garbage, in on Monday. The Virar police registered a case of accidental death. The child was playing in her apartment at in Virar East in the afternoon. As her mother, Jayshree had stepped out and her father Bharat was at work, the girl was left unattended.

Also Read: Child falls into pot of hot food; dies of burn injuries

When the mother got back home after disposing the garbage in a bin outside the building, she found her daughter's head in the tub filled with water. The toddler was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital where she was declared dead on arrival.

Also Read: Mumbai: 29-year-old Man drowns near Bandra Bandstand

According to Times of India, the girl is believed to have walked towards the water-filled tub kept in the bathroom. The police stated that the mother had reportedly filled the tub with water to give her daughter a bath. She reportedly entered the bathroom and was playing in the water when she accidentally fell into the tub. Police said that they will await the autopsy report to know the exact cause of death.

Also Read: Picnic turns tragic as three Mumbaikars drown in Raigad

Top news stories of the day

Tour operator leaves Mumbai family in lurch in Sweden
"Please allow me euthanasia," says 27-year-old Mithil Sampat lying on a hospital bed in Stockholm. The practising lawyer, who was on a Scandinavian trip with his parents to celebrate their 34th wedding anniversary, is living his worst nightmare at Karolinska University Hospital after he met with an accident on June 21 while sightseeing. What is worse is that the travel company through which they booked the tour is reluctant to help them at this difficult hour. (Read full story)

Mumbai Crime: Senior citizen works out in the gym, neighbour robs her house
Neighbours generally come to each other's aid, but a woman recently helped herself to the money and valuables of another resident in her building. The Mumbai Crime Branch's unit-XI arrested the woman, Ruchita Sachin Tanna, 38, for robbing a senior citizen's house at Charkop. (Read full story)

Mumbai Crime: Train pole thief arrested day after injuring student
The Borivli Railway police have arrested a 20-year-old signal pole thief, Deepak Bhodkar, who had hit a 23-year-old student, Shakti Pillay, while he was travelling on a local train between Goregaon and Ram Mandir on Monday morning. Pillay had fallen on the tracks due to the blow he received and was badly injured. He is still battling for life at Kandivli's Shatabdi hospital. (Read full story)

Mumbai: You can finally take the Bandra-Kurla-Complex to Eastern Express Highway connector in September
Regular commuters on the BKC to Eastern Express Highway route are finally set to get some relief from the traffic they face near the Kurla-Sion Bandra Link Road stretch as work on the elevated road connecting BKC with Chunabhatti is nearing completion. The road will be thrown open to the public by September. (Read full story)

Shame Old Story Again: Kamala Mills restaurant is a fire hazard
A surprise visit by the Chief Fire Officer to a popular hangout in Kamala Mills two weeks ago revealed glaring fire safety issues. The 17,000 square feet Lord of the Drinks (LOTD) was pulled up by the fire department as the chief noticed major flaws. Among irregularities were a tandoor bhatti right next to a fire exit and fragile kitchen firewalls, making customers vulnerable in case of a fire. (Read full story)

Catch up on all the latest Crime, National, International and Hatke news here. Also download the new mid-day Android and iOS apps to get latest updates

Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.com

Subscribe
Loading...

2.5 year old dies after falling into borewell in Gujarat

NEXT STORY
This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. OK