Ahead of Yoga Day, PM Narendra Modi posts animated 'trikonasana' video, advises to make it a habit
In the video, PM Modi directs every movement and asks the audience to put special attention on the breathing movement
On the occasion of World Environment Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi took to social networking site Twitter and tweeted a video of his animated version doing a yoga asana in order to inspire people to embrace yoga, with few days left for the International Yoga Day on June 21.
On 21st June, we will mark #YogaDay2019.— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) June 5, 2019
I urge you all to make Yoga an integral part of your life and also inspire others to do the same.
The benefits of Yoga are tremendous.
Here is a video on Trikonasana. pic.twitter.com/YDB6T3rw1d
In the animated video, PM Narendra Modi demonstrated Trikonasana, a triangle pose, that he took the audience through step by step and explained the benefits of the same. In the 3D animation video, Modi is seen standing on a maroon rug, with huge windows behind him that gives a glimpse of greenery outside. It starts off explaining the three triangles that the human body forms during Trikonasana.
In the build-up to #YogaDay, Prime Minister #NarendraModi on June 5 #tweeted a #video of his animated version doing an asana to inspire people to embrace yoga, with days left for the #InternationalYogaDay on June 21.— IANS Tweets (@ians_india) June 5, 2019
Video: Narendra Modi pic.twitter.com/9tCdtyuUFK
In the video, PM Modi directs every movement and asks the audience to put special attention on the breathing movement. The video even has a cerebro-muscular figure to highlight the areas that the asana would impact upon.
June 21 was designated as World Yoga Day on Modi's suggestion in his speech at the UN General Assembly in 2014, and over the last five years, it has only improved its reach throughout the world.
"On June 21, we will mark Yoga Day 2019. I urge you all to make yoga an integral part of your life and also inspire others to do the same. The benefits of Yoga are tremendous," the Prime Minister said in the Twitter post alongside the video.
Governments of many nations mark the day in a big way with thousands participating in mass Yoga events across the country. Modi is expected to join an event in Ranchi this year.
Top stories of the day
- Producer, composer held for molesting model at house party in Malad
- Mumbai Crime: Former businessman partner slits man's throat, kills him
- 'He forcibly kissed me on my face, neck before I pushed him off'
- The Dutch mystery: Cops camping in Pune in hunt for Avdhut Shinde
- 'Nair, Topiwala left students vulnerable to harassment'
- Mumbai: INTACH joins fight to save Esplanade
- HC directs MHADA to evacuate and barricade Esplanade Mansion
- 'The Rajghat of Mumbai'
- Vikhe Patil to join BJP, many Congress MLAs likely follow suit
- I will continue to write, says IAS officer Nidhi Chaudhari
- MHT-CET exam: Two top with 100 percentile
- Katrina Kaif on Bharat: It's the best role of my career
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas displays her perfect pins on the red carpet
- Kareena Kapoor: We celebrated women who broke stereotypes
- Sunny Leone to play a lawyer in spy thriller Helen
- Janhvi Kapoor, Anjana Sukhani, Pooja Hegde sweat it out at gym in Bandra
- Iulia Vantur, Shanaya Kapoor, Kriti Sanon, Taapsee Pannu clicked in Bandra
- Super 30 trailer: Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan, Tiger Shroff laud Hrithik Roshan
- Madhuri Dixit wants to learn a new Kathak form
- Ayushmann Khurrana on IPS Manoj Malviya: He became the prototype of my character
- Deepika Padukone wraps up the shooting of Chhapaak
- Sabyasachi pens down the journey of his friendship with Deepika Padukone
- Rangita Pritish Nandy on Four More Shots Please: May explore friendship, or just one character
- Sushmita Singh: Miss teen 2019 who was told that she was not beautiful
- These old pictures of Salman Khan will take you back in time
- World Environment Day: 9 ways humans are harming the environment
- CR fails in Mumbai-Pune in 2 hr 35 min train trials as problems galore
- World Cup 2019: Rabada calls Kohli 'immature', Virat says he will discuss 'man to man'
- World Cup 2019: It's advantage Virat Kohli and Co against South Africa!
- World Cup 2019: 'Asli' WC begins today as India take on South Africa
- World Cup 2019: Virat Kohli's Team India faces first Test vs South Africa
- World Cup 2019: Vijay Shankar could get nod against South Africa
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
PM Narendra Modi wishes Rahul Gandhi on his birthday!