Boy bit by snake in Vasai, hospital's prompt treatment saves life

Published: Jun 30, 2019, 11:59 IST | Samiullah Khan

The incident took place in the morning when the boy was with his grandmother in the fields and was suddenly bitten by a snake in Vasai

Boy bit by snake in Vasai, hospital's prompt treatment saves life
Pic courtesy/Hanif Patel

The Vasai Sir D M Petit Municipal Hospital saved the life of one and half year boy who was bitten by a poisonous snake in Vasai area. According to the police sources, the boy was in the field with his grandmother during the incident. While his grandmother was busy working and he was sitting on the field, he was bitten by a snake bite on his leg. His grandmother noticed when he started crying and was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital at around 8 am in the morning, but was shifted to the Vasai Sir D M Petit Municipal Hospital at around 2:30 pm.

Also Read: Watch: Snake catcher removes venomous snake from sleeping man's shirt


The venom spread throughout his body causing internal bleeding and seizures. The hospital started the treatment after conducting the necessary blood tests. The boy was given an anti-snake venom dose by Dr. Bhakti Chaudhary and was kept in the special care where his condition remained steady and the relatives thanked the medical team of the corporation on seeing the smile of the baby's face said a doctor from the hospital.

Also Read: Man goes on Hawaii vacation, finds a snake in backpack

Catch up on all the latest Crime, National, International and Hatke news here. Also download the new mid-day Android and iOS apps to get latest updates

Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from


Raj Thackeray calls for peace, gets support from cousin Uddhav Thackeray

This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. OK