Man inserts sharp object inside woman's private parts for resisting rape
The doctors who attended her said that the victim was in a critical condition and needed several stitches
Patna: In an appalling crime coming to light from Bihar, an unidentified man allegedly raped a woman and inserted sharp objects in her privates after she resisted his advances. Reportedly, the incident commenced at the Purnia district hospital in Patna.
The alleged incident occurred when a woman visited a hospital for the treatment of her son. The victim's son is undergoing treatment in the burn ward of the hospital.
The victim's son had been admitted in the hospital on May 16, but the incident took place on May 22.
According to the Hindustan Times, the accused allegedly attacked the victim after she resisted her rape attempt. He inserted a sharp object in her privates for resisting his advances.
Following the attack, another woman who was accompanying her came to her rescue and was she taken to the hospital with some help.
The victim was immediately taken to the emergency ward of the hospital where she is currently undergoing treatment. The doctors who tended to her said that the victim was in a critical condition and needed several stitches.
Following the incident, the police were apprised regarding the attack and a complaint was registered. Police began the investigation by scanning the CCTV footage in the area.
During the investigation, another incident that occurred in the same hospital came to light. The victim who was also attacked in the same hospital shared her ordeal.
The investigation also revealed that some of the men in the hospital make attempts to extort money from them for medicines and other facilities that are provided to the patients for free. Several theft cases have also been reported from the hospital. After the incident took place, the senior authorities of the hospital were also informed about the incident.
Top stories of the day
- Producer, composer held for molesting model at house party in Malad
- Mumbai Crime: Former businessman partner slits man's throat, kills him
- 'He forcibly kissed me on my face, neck before I pushed him off'
- The Dutch mystery: Cops camping in Pune in hunt for Avdhut Shinde
- 'Nair, Topiwala left students vulnerable to harassment'
- Mumbai: INTACH joins fight to save Esplanade
- HC directs MHADA to evacuate and barricade Esplanade Mansion
- 'The Rajghat of Mumbai'
- Vikhe Patil to join BJP, many Congress MLAs likely follow suit
- I will continue to write, says IAS officer Nidhi Chaudhari
- MHT-CET exam: Two top with 100 percentile
- Katrina Kaif on Bharat: It's the best role of my career
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas displays her perfect pins on the red carpet
- Kareena Kapoor: We celebrated women who broke stereotypes
- Sunny Leone to play a lawyer in spy thriller Helen
- Janhvi Kapoor, Anjana Sukhani, Pooja Hegde sweat it out at gym in Bandra
- Iulia Vantur, Shanaya Kapoor, Kriti Sanon, Taapsee Pannu clicked in Bandra
- Super 30 trailer: Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan, Tiger Shroff laud Hrithik Roshan
- Madhuri Dixit wants to learn a new Kathak form
- Ayushmann Khurrana on IPS Manoj Malviya: He became the prototype of my character
- Deepika Padukone wraps up the shooting of Chhapaak
- Sabyasachi pens down the journey of his friendship with Deepika Padukone
- Rangita Pritish Nandy on Four More Shots Please: May explore friendship, or just one character
- Sushmita Singh: Miss teen 2019 who was told that she was not beautiful
- These old pictures of Salman Khan will take you back in time
- World Environment Day: 9 ways humans are harming the environment
- CR fails in Mumbai-Pune in 2 hr 35 min train trials as problems galore
- World Cup 2019: Rabada calls Kohli 'immature', Virat says he will discuss 'man to man'
- World Cup 2019: It's advantage Virat Kohli and Co against South Africa!
- World Cup 2019: 'Asli' WC begins today as India take on South Africa
- World Cup 2019: Virat Kohli's Team India faces first Test vs South Africa
- World Cup 2019: Vijay Shankar could get nod against South Africa
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Horrific! Stick inserted inside 3-year-old girl's private parts after being raped