Mumbai: Fire breaks out in IITB canteen

Updated: Jan 30, 2018, 11:11 IST | A Correspondent

A minor fire broke out in the canteen of Indian Institute of Technology Bombay's (IITB) hostel number 4 late on Monday evening

The fire broke out when a worker was changing the cylinder regulator
The fire broke out when a worker was changing the cylinder regulator

A minor fire broke out in the canteen of Indian Institute of Technology Bombay's (IITB) hostel number 4 late on Monday evening. The incident happened when a worker was changing the cylinder regulator in the kitchen. However, only a few students were present in the canteen at the time of the incident. No injuries have been reported.

Though the fire brigade was informed about the incident, the staffers doused the flames before the team arrived. The canteen was evacuated and the power supply was disconnected for a while.

A student from the same hostel said, "As the dinner time at the canteen was over, most of the students had moved out. Though the evacuation and shutting of the power supply caused a bit of panic, the situation became normal within half-an-hour."

Catch up on all the latest Mumbai news, current affairs from Mumbai, local news, crime news and breaking headlines here

Download the new mid-day Android and iOS apps to get updates on all the latest and trending stories on the go

Trending Video

Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.com

Subscribe

Fire breaks out at Mumbai's Crawford Market

This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. OK