Mumbai food: 5 best buffet restaurants in the city
These 5 buffet restaurants in Mumbai are perfect to visit if you are craving for authentic global cuisine in the coastal city
At times weekend calls for a buffet lunch or dinner, especially to rediscover the foodie in you. Featuring a wide range of sumptuous dishes, mouth-watering starters, tempting snacks, and fabulous beverages, buffet is one of the best ways to pamper the foodaholic in you. From healthy starters to sinful yet blissful desserts, relish a range of mouth-watering food items at these Mumbai restaurants that are home to some finest buffets in the city.
1. Sai Palace: Be it buffet or a la carte, food at Sai palace in one word is 'amazing'. However, most of the times the buffet supersedes the a ala carte here, thanks to the yummy spread. Start your meal with a minimum of 5-6 starters and end your meal on the sweetest note ever with a fabulous collection of cakes, ice- creams and Indian desserts. In between, the main course will also leave you spoilt for choices.
Where: Near Holy Family School, Mahakali Road, Mahakali, Andheri (E)
Sai Palace Hotel. Pic courtesy/Facebook
2. Indigo Colaba: For those who want to experience luxurious dining over a fabulous buffet spread, drop in to this Mumbai restaurant tucked in the city's favourite locality. It caters to European and Mediterranean spread, which is perfect for those who have an inclination towards western food. Interestingly, some European food is given an Indian touch, keeping in mind our love for Indian spices. Classic drinks are perfectly paired to give you an out-of-the-world fine dining experience.
Where: 4, Mandlik Road, Colaba, Mumbai
Indigo Colaba. Pic courtesy/Facebook
3. Bay view restaurant, Marine Plaza: This is one of those Mumbai restaurants that open up to spectacular views of the Arabian ocean. Also, the buffet here is something to die for. Priced appropriately, the buffet spread comprises of Indian, Mexican, Italian, Lebanese, and Oriental cuisines. The pleasant ambience and hospitable staff make your visit to Bay View restaurant an unforgettable one. You can either opt for a buffet breakfast, buffet lunch or buffet dinner.
Where: Hotel Marine Plaza, 29, Marine Drive, Churchgate, Mumbai
Bay view restaurant. Pic courtesy/Facebook
4. China Gate: Mumbaikars love for Chinese ends here. Absolutely value for money, the afternoon buffet spread at China Gate will keep you satiated for a longer time. From hot seafood starters to yummy main course packed with rice and noddle varieties and blissful desserts comprising of carrot cake and chocolate mousse, food here will keep you go finger licking. While the staff will keep on serving you lip smacking starters right from the kitchen, you can keep on drooling and longing for more. So, to conclude, the afternoon buffet at China Gate is yummilicious.
Where: Andheri (E), Bandra, Veera Desai Area
Global Fusion. Pic courtesy/Facebook
5. Global Fusion: If you ask a Mumbaikar for the best buffet restaurant in city, he will come up with one name and that is Global Fusion. Starting from the ambience to the fantabulous food spread, Global Fusion is one stop destination to rekindle your love for food. As the name suggests, the buffet comprises of Chinese, Japanese, Asian, and, North Indian fares. If you have a huge appetite, then Global Fusion is worth it. But also, if you love to explore something different in the city, then the restaurant will leave you spellbound with its uncountable options. The sushi buffet and seafood soup are extraordinarily good and simply to die for.
Where: Saki Naka, Bandra, Versova
Plan a lunch or dinner buffet at these restaurants in Mumbai and thank youself for living in a city that will revive or give birth to the foodaholic in you.
Video: Actress Kritika Chaudhary's murder case: The mystery and history
Download the new mid-day android app to get updates on all the latest and trending stories on the go https://goo.gl/8Xlcvr
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe