Rahul Gandhi explains meaning of new English word 'Modilie'
In the picture that the Congress president shared, there are three "meanings" of "Modilie" shown along with their use in sentences
In a fresh jibe at Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Congress president Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday shared a meme explaining the term 'Modilie', which he claimed is a new entry to the English dictionary that meant "to constantly modify the truth".
"To lie incessantly and habitually" and 'to lie without respite' are the other meanings of the word, which has been formed by a combination of the words Modi and lie, claimed the Congress leader.
In a post on Twitter, Rahul said: "There's a new word in the English Dictionary". He attached a screenshot of the entry in the 'English Living Dictionaries', which described the word as a noun.
There’s a new word in the English Dictionary. Attached is a snapshot of the entry :) pic.twitter.com/xdBdEUL48r— Rahul Gandhi (@RahulGandhi) May 15, 2019
‘Modilie’ is a new word that’s become popular worldwide. Now there’s even a website that catalogues the best Modilies! https://t.co/Ct04DlRsj3— Rahul Gandhi (@RahulGandhi) May 16, 2019
In the picture that the Congress president shared, there are three "meanings" of "Modilie" shown along with their use in sentences.
He also went on to say that the Prime Minister wouldn't have 'destroyed' the economy if he had taken advice from his predecessor.
"Modi used to make fun of Manmohan Singh. But after five years now, Modi Ji does not make fun of Manmohan Ji. Today the country is making fun of him," Gandhi said at an election rally.
Gandhi accused Modi of 'destroying' the economy with his two decisions. He said that had the PM taken the advice of Manmohan Singh he would not have rolled out demonetisation and the Goods and Services Tax (GST).
Meanwhile, Rahul Gandhi took some time out from his busy campaign schedule to drive a tractor in Punjab's Ludhiana.
Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh, Ludhiana MP Ravneet Bittu and Congress leader Asha Kumari were also sitting on the tractor when it was being driven by the Congress president.
Top News Stories Of The Day
- Aditya Pancholi claims he was threatened with a rape case, submits video
- Mumbai: Kids show how to sort out Vile Parle's traffic woes
- Mumbai: BPO firm asked to pay Rs 2.62 crore or face recovery proceedings
- Mumbai: Narrow approach stalls Jogeshwari project
- Pune: Honest janitor returns mangalsutra worth Rs 2 lakh
- Deven Bharti is new ATS chief, Maharashtra
- Mumbai: HC refuses to vacate stay on BMC's Tree Authority
- Medicine shortage: BMC blacklists rogue supplier
- Dadar's Chitra Cinema to shut down; SOTY 2 to be its last day last show
- Nick Barnes: Power to humiliate has increased dramatically
- Action should follow new BMC chief's promises
- Ramona Narang: The transformation of high society's once wild child
- Aranya Johar: The 20-year-old poet who is taking the internet by storm
- A walk through Mohammed Ali Road's Khau Galli
- Interesting facts about the Holy Month of Ramzan
Edited by mid-day online desk with inputs from Agencies
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Aditya Thackeray gears up for Maharashtra assembly polls