These unseen pictures of Gandhi family will leave you amazed
Twitterati shared a few rare pictures of the Gandhi family to pay tribute to the late visionary leader, Rajiv Gandhi on his death anniversary and they capture the perfect family moment
United Progressive Alliance (UPA) chairperson Sonia Gandhi, Congress president Rahul Gandhi and party general secretary for Uttar Pradesh East Priyanka Gandhi Vadra paid floral tribute to late prime minister Rajiv Gandhi on his death anniversary at Veer Bhumi on Tuesday morning.
Born on August 20, 1944, Rajiv Gandhi had represented Uttar Pradesh's Amethi parliamentary constituency four times. A recipient of Bharat Ratna, Rajiv Gandhi served as the sixth Prime Minister of India from 1984 to 1989. He took office after the assassination of his mother, then prime minister Indira Gandhi in 1984.
Remembering the great leader on his death anniversary, Netizens took to the social media platform, Twitter to pay tribute to the visionary leader, Rajiv Gandhi by sharing a few rare pictures of the Gandhi family and we must say it is the best thing on the internet today.
A rare picture of Sonia and Rajiv Gandhi with children Rahul Gandhi and Priyanka Gandhi Vadra. This picture gives us a glimpse of a perfect Gandhi family moment.
Congress president Rahul Gandhi hugging is father Rajiv Gandhi is the cutest picture we have come across on the internet today. This little boy moment with his father is the perfect way to remember the visionary leader on his death anniversary.
Rajiv Gandhi’s vision enabled India to take giant strides among the comity of nations. He strengthened India ð®ð³— Rachit Seth (@rachitseth) May 21, 2019
An inspiration, always and forever.
My humble homage. #RememberingRajivGandhi pic.twitter.com/fhtOGHiFsV
My homage to the great man who led us through the road of technology revolution.Whosoever in whatsover manner try to demean his contribution in building this great nation,the people of this country will always remember Rajivji as the father of modernIndia#RememberingRajivGandhi pic.twitter.com/buOgSsTSUs— Ramesh Chennithala (@chennithala) May 21, 2019
Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated by a Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) suicide bomber during an election rally in Tamil Nadu's Sriperumbudur on May 21, 1991. He was cremated at Veer Bhumi, located on the banks of the river Yamuna.
Top News Stories Of The Day
- Mumbai: TikTok user arrested for dangerous bike stunts back in 2017
- Travel agent dupes south Mumbai travellers of Rs 3.08 lakh
- Mumbai Crime: Four nabbed for illegal soil excavation in Gorai
- Mumbai crime: Within four hours of murder, cops nab 2 accused
- Shiv Sena corporator, Salman Khan discuss Being Human for BMC
- Congress leaders' discuss water issues with Mumbai civic chief
- How did you spend our money? BMC chief asks the Railways
- Mumbai: Sion flyover to be shut for one month
- Can we leave the fireflies alone, please?
- Alert Mumbai Metro staff helps commuter get back lost wallet in four hours
- Mumbai lift mishap: BDL lift has not had a licence for last 14 years
- Pune: Loud purring alerts cops to leopard cubs being smuggled
- Between the real and the abstract
- The future of Idli Manchurian
- mid day editorial: Let's start making every drop of water count
- British Royal kids George, Charlotte and Louis play in the woods
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Closed skywalk in Bandra East leave commuters fuming!