Home > News > India News > Article > Madhya Pradesh Three die after inhaling poisonous gas inside well in Sagar

Madhya Pradesh: Three die after inhaling poisonous gas inside well in Sagar

Updated on: 12 August,2022 03:34 PM IST  |  Sagar
PTI |

The incident took place in Piparia village, around 40 km from the district headquarters, on Thursday evening

Madhya Pradesh: Three die after inhaling poisonous gas inside well in Sagar

Representative image. Pic/Istock


Three persons died after inhaling a poisonous gas on entering a well in a village in Madhya Pradesh's Sagar district, police said on Friday.


The incident took place in Piparia village, around 40 km from the district headquarters, on Thursday evening, an official said.

The victims had entered the 60-feet deep well to remove a motor, but inhaled some poisonous gas emanating from it. The trio fell unconscious and drowned, Gourjhamar police station in-charge Anand Singh said.


The victims were identified as Khilan Singh Lodhi (65) his son Netraj (25) and Sunil Patel (25), he said.

The state disaster emergency response force (SDERF) was called in to fish out the bodies from the well, the official said, adding that further probe is underway. 

This story has been sourced from a third party syndicated feed, agencies. Mid-day accepts no responsibility or liability for its dependability, trustworthiness, reliability and data of the text. Mid-day management/mid-day.com reserves the sole right to alter, delete or remove (without notice) the content in its absolute discretion for any reason whatsoever.

Register for FREE
to continue reading !

This is not a paywall.
However, your registration helps us understand your preferences better and enables us to provide insightful and credible journalism for all our readers.

This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. OK