New Delhi: A fire broke out on Friday morning in the accounts branch of Rashtrapati Bhavan but it was doused within minutes.
No one was hurt in the blaze though some furniture was damaged.
A call was received today at 8.45 AM about a fire in Rashtrapati Bhavan's accounts branch, said an official from Delhi Fire Services.
Six firetenders were rushed to the spot and the fire was doused within 10 minutes. An inverter, a chair and a table were gutted in the fire. The cause of fire is suspected to be a short-circuit and further probe is underway, he said.
A few days back a minor fire in the server room of Parliament House had caused panic ahead of the Budget session.
Photos: Kareena Kapoor Khan, Kangana Ranaut at the Mumbai airport
Photos: Virat Kohli-MS Dhoni's bromance, Team India in LOL mode
Bollywood celebs show you colours for Navratri 2017
Birthday special: Chris Gayle and his multiple records in cricket
In Pictures: 17 dreaded on-screen villains of Bollywood