ATM carrying Rs 30 lakh stolen from Yevat in Pune district
The robbers used a spray to hide the CCTV but the cops managed to find the footage
A gang of robbers stole an ATM which had Rs 30 lakh in it from Yevat in Pune district, police said on Sunday.
Police Inspector Bhau Patil said, "An ATM with Rs 30 lakh in it was stolen from Yavat police station area in the wee hours of Saturday. An investigation is underway and we have dispatched four teams to different locations."
The police cited the CCTV footage from the area and said that four men wearing helmets went to a State Bank of India ATM unit in rural Yavat, tied the machine to their Scorpio car and then drove off.
The robbers had used a spray to block the CCTV camera at the unit but the police managed to find some footage of the incident from the CCTVs installed in the area.
- In November, when 32-year-old banker Keegan Vaz developed a fever along with a cough and cold, he did, what any of us would do. He went to a local chemist, got some over-the-counter medicines and popped the pills, maintaining the week-long course. He even recovered. Until late November, when he started getting headaches. By December first week, his condition started deteriorating and Vaz started vomiting. A banker, he took a break from work and stayed at this Wadala home, which he shares with a couple of friends. But resting and more over-the-counter medicines didn't help. When he became increasingly weak, his friends then took to a primary health care centre..Read full story
- A video of a woman thrashing a railway staffer has gone viral. The concerned lady, Nandini Belekar, had gone to purchase a railway ticket and mistakenly left her cellphone at the ticket counter of Mumbai Central railway station. Minutes after she realised that she had left her cellphone, she went back to collect it. When she asked the railway staffer about it, he denied having seen her cellphone. As she suspected he was lying, she entered his cabin, and saw that he had the phone, and had removed the SIM card from it. Hence, she lost her temper and thrashed him.. Read full story
- We do not have any morsel of food left, nor my children have any spare clothes to wear. They (the police) came and burnt them all, saying we cannot stay here. My wife is six months pregnant and my two daughters are unwell. Where will we go?" asks Balu Machindra Chauhan, 30, a day after they were forcibly evicted from Amar Mahal junction, Chembur, by the police. While the state agencies are clear they won't allow encroachments, the incident has once again raised serious concerns about shelter homes for the homeless in the city..Read full story
- The Charkop police has arrested a 31-year-old music director and singer, for allegedly fleeing with a brand new Volkswagen from a car showroom, on the pretext of taking it out for a test drive. During investigations it was revealed that the accused, identified as Ranjeet Kumar Singh, who lives in Charkop, had visited a showroom in Borivli, last week. He showed his interest to buy a silver model of a Volkswagen car, and asked the salesman if he could go on a test drive. After completing all the formalities, the salesman and Singh took the car out for a spin. When they reached Charkop, Singh stopped the car, and asked the salesman if he could get down and help adjust his seat. As soon as he got out, Singh sped away with the car.. Read full story
- Recently BMC announced a No Parking zone within 1 kilometer periphery of public parking lots and declared and if vehicles are found parked illegally, owners would have to cough up anywhere between Rs 1,000 to Rs 10,000 for the offence [mid-day reported this on March 9]..read full story
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Bigg Boss fame Ajaz Khan arrested for sharing controversial TikTok video