Mumbai: Boy dies after falling in 18 feet trench at SRA site in Kandivli
The boy had gone to play in the locality when he probably slipped into the 12-foot wide trench filled with water
A seven-year-old boy died after falling into an unguarded deep trench on Tuesday near a Slum Rehabilitation Authority (SRA) construction site in Kandivli around 1 pm. According to the police, the deceased identified as Aditya Singh had gone to play in the locality when he probably slipped into the 12-foot wide trench filled with water.
No one saw him falling into the trench but his mother found his body floating in the water and immediately alerted local residents. The body was then removed with the help of fire brigade. A police officer stated, "A probe is on to find out if the boy was playing with friends or local children, said. His father, Ranvijay, was at his workplace, while his mother, Sadhana, had taken leave when the incident occurred. "Sadhana started searching for her son around 2 pm, as he did not return home. She noticed his body around 4 pm in the trench, a few metres from their chawl."
Also Read: Vacation turns tragic as 3 from Mumbai drown
According to the Times of India, DCP (zone XI) Sangramsinh Nishandar said a case of accidental death report has been registered and a case will be filed against the builders and those who had taken the development contract. Senior inspector Nitin Pondkule stated they were registering an FIR. The victim is survived by his younger brother and parents.
Top stories of the day
- Producer, composer held for molesting model at house party in Malad
- Mumbai Crime: Former businessman partner slits man's throat, kills him
- 'He forcibly kissed me on my face, neck before I pushed him off'
- The Dutch mystery: Cops camping in Pune in hunt for Avdhut Shinde
- 'Nair, Topiwala left students vulnerable to harassment'
- Mumbai: INTACH joins fight to save Esplanade
- HC directs MHADA to evacuate and barricade Esplanade Mansion
- 'The Rajghat of Mumbai'
- Vikhe Patil to join BJP, many Congress MLAs likely follow suit
- I will continue to write, says IAS officer Nidhi Chaudhari
- MHT-CET exam: Two top with 100 percentile
- Katrina Kaif on Bharat: It's the best role of my career
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas displays her perfect pins on the red carpet
- Kareena Kapoor: We celebrated women who broke stereotypes
- Sunny Leone to play a lawyer in spy thriller Helen
- Janhvi Kapoor, Anjana Sukhani, Pooja Hegde sweat it out at gym in Bandra
- Iulia Vantur, Shanaya Kapoor, Kriti Sanon, Taapsee Pannu clicked in Bandra
- Super 30 trailer: Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan, Tiger Shroff laud Hrithik Roshan
- Madhuri Dixit wants to learn a new Kathak form
- Ayushmann Khurrana on IPS Manoj Malviya: He became the prototype of my character
- Deepika Padukone wraps up the shooting of Chhapaak
- Sabyasachi pens down the journey of his friendship with Deepika Padukone
- Rangita Pritish Nandy on Four More Shots Please: May explore friendship, or just one character
- Sushmita Singh: Miss teen 2019 who was told that she was not beautiful
- These old pictures of Salman Khan will take you back in time
- World Environment Day: 9 ways humans are harming the environment
- CR fails in Mumbai-Pune in 2 hr 35 min train trials as problems galore
- World Cup 2019: Rabada calls Kohli 'immature', Virat says he will discuss 'man to man'
- World Cup 2019: It's advantage Virat Kohli and Co against South Africa!
- World Cup 2019: 'Asli' WC begins today as India take on South Africa
- World Cup 2019: Virat Kohli's Team India faces first Test vs South Africa
- World Cup 2019: Vijay Shankar could get nod against South Africa
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
5-year-old boy dies from snake bite in Mumbai