Oscars may have no host again in 2020
The Academy Awards in 2020 may also end up having no host, just like this year's Oscar's ceremony, if ABC Entertainment head Karey Burke is to be believed
The Academy Awards in 2020 may also end up having no host, just like this year's Oscar's ceremony, if ABC Entertainment head Karey Burke is to be believed. "I believe we will not mess with that format to the best of our ability," variety.com quoted Burke as saying on the idea that next year's Oscars could also be without a host.
Burke said she was not saying yes or no to the idea of Jimmy Kimmel hosting the Oscars in 2020, a real possibility given the fact Kimmel recently signed a three-year extension of his deal with the network. She was happy that this year's Oscars telecast was up in the ratings compared to last year at a time when most award shows have seen noticeable drop offs in their live ratings.
This year's telecast attracted attention due to the fact that ABC and the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences were unable to find a host for the ceremony. Comedian Kevin Hart had been attached to host it, but just days after that was announced, Hart stepped down after some of his controversial tweets from nearly a decade ago resurfaced. After that, it was decided the show would go on with no host.
Top entertainment stories of the day:
- Kangana Ranaut slays like a boss in a black pantsuit at Cannes Grey Goose Party
- De De Pyar De Movie Review - Old man and the khichdi
- Cannes 2019: Priyanka Chopra looks like a goddess in an ombre sequin thigh-high slit dress
- Cannes 2019: Deepika Padukone is a vision in white thigh-high slit gown
- Cannes 2019: Kangana Ranaut nails the saree and opera gloves look with panache
- Tiger Shroff: Dance-off with Hrithik Roshan will be tough
- From Bharat to Kyrgyzstan; makers plan a worldwide release
- Aditya Seal: Didn't draw comparisons between SOTY 2 and Avengers
- De De Pyaar De review: Ajay Devgn, Rakul Preet Singh, Tabu's film not a regular rom-com
- Vir Das: Want to visit as many cities as we can
Public Review of PM Narendra Modi biopic