The action was taken based on the complaint of the presiding officer, Sibaram Mahapatra of booth number 78 at Balabhadra Nodal school in Birakesharipur village
The Orissa High Court granted anticipatory bail to BJP MLA candidate on Wednesday from Satyabadi Assembly constituency Om Prakash Mishra in connection with a case where he had allegedly disrupted polling process by vandalising an EVM machine, said his lawyer and Odisha BJP vice president Pitambar Acharya said.
The police issued a lookout circular against him after he absconded after allegations surfaced against him. It may be mentioned that police had been raiding several places to trace him. Two of his aides identified as Manas Samantaray and Akhaya Biswal had already been arrested in connection with the incident. The action was taken based on the complaint of the presiding officer, Sibaram Mahapatra of booth number 78 at Balabhadra Nodal school in Birakesharipur village. He filed a complaint with the Gadishagoda police station alleging that Om along with his supporters barged into the booth at around 6:00 pm on April 23, and damaged the EVM machine while the voting was in progress.
He had fled from the scene brandishing a handgun after voters tried to resist him; however, the people caught hold of two of his accomplices and handed them over to cops, the presiding officer had said.
Top News Stories Of The Day
- Aditya Pancholi claims he was threatened with a rape case, submits video
- Mumbai: Kids show how to sort out Vile Parle's traffic woes
- Mumbai: BPO firm asked to pay Rs 2.62 crore or face recovery proceedings
- Mumbai: Narrow approach stalls Jogeshwari project
- Pune: Honest janitor returns mangalsutra worth Rs 2 lakh
- Deven Bharti is new ATS chief, Maharashtra
- Mumbai: HC refuses to vacate stay on BMC's Tree Authority
- Medicine shortage: BMC blacklists rogue supplier
- Dadar's Chitra Cinema to shut down; SOTY 2 to be its last day last show
- Nick Barnes: Power to humiliate has increased dramatically
- Action should follow new BMC chief's promises
- Ramona Narang: The transformation of high society's once wild child
- Aranya Johar: The 20-year-old poet who is taking the internet by storm
- A walk through Mohammed Ali Road's Khau Galli
- Interesting facts about the Holy Month of Ramzan