Home / News / World News / Article / King Charles III says he's 'reduced to tears' by good wishes from public since his cancer diagnosis

King Charles III says he's 'reduced to tears' by good wishes from public since his cancer diagnosis

While the 75-year-old head of state remains absent from public engagements, he has said he intends to continue to perform his state duties

Listen to this article :
King Charles III. Pic/X

King Charles III. Pic/X

King Charles III said he had been reduced to tears by the messages he has received from people since his cancer diagnosis, as he held his weekly audience with the prime minister for the first time since stepping away from public duties to focus on his treatment.

Charles also met Wednesday with the Privy Council ' a group of senior officials who meet about once a month to advise the king on government matters. While the 75-year-old head of state remains absent from public engagements, he has said he intends to continue to perform his state duties.

How do you like the new new mid-day.com experience? Share your feedback and help us improve.

Read Next Story
1 killed, 8 wounded in terror attack near Jerusalem

Trending Stories

Latest Photoscta-pos

Latest VideosView All

Latest Web StoriesView All

Mid-Day FastView All

Advertisement