Bhumi Pednekar is all praise for Vicky Kaushal, calls him most talented actor
After delivering some phenomenal performances, Bhumi Pednekar has become the first choice for new-age films with unique storylines
Bollywood actor Bhumi Pednekar has been on a roll. Right from her debut film Dum Laga Ke Haisha, to Toilet - Ek Prem Katha to Shubh Mangal Saavdhan to Lust Stories, the actor has been standing out for her eclectic choice of subjects.
The actor has made a place in people's heart with her performances and choosing films that are offbeat and socially relevant. After delivering some phenomenal performances, the actor has become the first choice for new-age films with unique storylines.
The 29-year-old actor, who will be next seen in debutant director Bhanu Pratap Singh's horror movie, Bhoot Part One -- The Haunted Ship, co-starring Vicky Kaushal, is all praises for the Masaan actor.
Speaking about the Sanju star, who has now become an actor to watch out for thanks to his diverse film choices, Bhumi said, "Vicky is one of the most talented actors of today and it's lovely working with him. It's a genre that both of us haven't explored before but I was quite thrilled to experiment with. As an actor, I love to experiment, love to take risks."
Bhumi recalled being bowled-over by Vicky's performance in Masaan the first time she saw it and couldn't stop gushing about him.
"The first time I saw Masaan, I was blown away by what Vicky had done. I remember going back to him and asking him how did you do this scene, how did you do that scene? He told me that so many bits of Masaan were improvised and so many things him and (director) Neeraj Ghaywan had thought on the spot and I was blown away. He is so talented, so natural, so effortless that I really enjoy watching him on screen," she added.
Bhoot Part One -- The Haunted Ship, which is slated to hit the theatres on November 15 this year, is produced by Karan Johar, Hiroo Yash Johar, Apoorva Mehta, and Shashank Khaitan.
Apart from sharing screen space with Vicky in the upcoming horror drama, she will also be seen with him in Karan Johar's magnum opus 'Takht'.
She also has several other films in her kitty including Anurag Kashyap's Saand Ki Aankh, along with Taapsee Pannu and 'Pati, Patni Aur Woh', a remake of BR Chopra's iconic comedy of the same name. She will share the screen space with Kartik Aaryan and Ananya Panday.
She will also be seen with Konkona Sen Sharma in Alankrita Shrivastava's Dolly, Kitty Aur Chamakte Sitaare. Bhumi will also appear with Ayushmann Khurrana and Yami Gautam in Bala.
On the other hand, Vicky will be seen in Sardar Udham Singh.
Top Entertainment Stories of the Day:
- Inside photos: Sushmita Sen's brother Rajeev Sen and Charu Asopa's wedding ceremony
- From Ananya Panday to Malaika Arora: Do you know how educated these Bollywood actors are?
- Leila Web Series Review: A tale of purity centre with muddled storyline
- Sacred Games Season 2 release to be postponed?
- Bride leaves wedding and crashes Vikrant Massey's shoot in Delhi; Here's what happened next
- Here's why Sunny Deol postponed son Karan Deol's debut Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas
- Watch video: Navya Naveli Nanda working out on the New York sidewalk will fill you with awe
- Alia Bhatt, Ranbir Kapoor, Kiara Advani and Shahid Kapoor at Mumbai airport
- Malaika Arora's monochrome outfit looks like a perfect monsoon attire
- Here's Shah Rukh Khan's reaction on dubbing The Lion King with son, Aryan
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Happy birthday Vicky Kaushal! Interesting facts about the actor