Rajkumar Hirani weaves love story for Shah Rukh Khan?
Shah Rukh Khan in final stages of signing a movie that will be co-produced by filmmaker Rajkumar Hirani and him
In the five months since he was accused of sexual harassment by an employee, Rajkumar Hirani, despite denying the charges, has maintained a rather low profile. However, with the case hitting a roadblock after no police complaint was registered, Hirani has subsequently resumed working on his offerings. mid-day has it that the filmmaker is set to collaborate with Shah Rukh Khan for a love story that will be co-produced by their respective production houses.
A source tells mid-day, "People have been waiting for Shah Rukh to announce his next project after Zero. Shah Rukh and Hirani have been meeting since a few months to discuss this. It's almost finalised. Hirani will float his own banner and will not [work] with Vidhu Vinod Chopra, as has been the norm. It's a romantic drama with a strong emotional cord running through; it's right up SRK's alley."
The duo has been hoping to collaborate since 16 years after their first association in Munna Bhai MBBS (2003) fell apart.
While the film will mark a comeback of sorts for Hirani, it is also an important one for the actor who has been missing the bull's eye at the box office. mid-day reached out to Khan, Hirani and their respective spokespersons, but they remained unavailable for comment.
Top entertainment stories of the day:
- Janhvi Kapoor and Khushi Kapoor clicked at brother Arjun Kapoor's residence
- Bharat Box Office: Salman Khan's film has a fantastic opening
- See Photos: Shah Rukh Khan had a special guest during Eid 2019 celebrations
- Bandra Diaries: This is how Malaika Arora is beating the heat this summer
- Rajinikanth snapped with wife Latha and daughter Soundarya in Bandra
- This is how Arjun Rampal and Gabriella Demetriades chill when at home
- Sayani Gupta: Would stand out with my skin tone in Article 15
- 25 photos of Katrina Kaif that redefine sexiness
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe