Robert Pattinson roped in to play Batman for Matt Reeves' The Batman?
Matt Reeves' The Batman is expected to start later this year. The film is slated to release in June 2021.
Buzz is that Hollywood actor Robert Pattinson is in talks to play Batman in Matt Reeves' next superhero film 'The Batman. The film is slated to release in June 2021. While sources say it's not yet a done deal, Pattinson is the top choice and it's expected to close shortly, reports variety.com.
Pre-production on the Warner Bros.-DC Comics movie is expected to start later this year. Reeves, the filmmaker behind the last two "Planet of the Apes" sequels, assumed "Batman" directing duties from Ben Affleck in January 2017 and has been developing the project ever since. Affleck was the last actor to play Batman on the big screen in 2016's "Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice" and 2017's "Justice League".
Also Read: Robert Pattinson won't devalue love
Affleck and Warner Bros. began discussing the actor-director leaving the 'Caped Crusader' after "Justice League". Multiple reports suggest Pattinson, 33, is the frontrunner to play the superhero avatar, while other names floating for the role include Armie Hammer, Nicholas Hoult and Aaron Taylor-Johnson.
According to variety.com, Pattinson was cast even as Reeves continue to polish a final version of the script. Reeves will produce "The Batman" with his "Planet of the Apes" collaborator Dylan Clark.
If the deal is sealed, the "Twilight" star will become the youngest actor to ever play Batman on the big screen. The shoot for the film might start in late 2019 or early 2020.
Pattinson has a total of four films opening this year, beginning with Claire Denis' "High Life". He also appears in Robert Eggers' "The Lighthouse", "The King" for Netflix and "Waiting for the Barbarians".
Top entertainment stories of the day:
- Kangana Ranaut slays like a boss in a black pantsuit at Cannes Grey Goose Party
- De De Pyar De Movie Review - Old man and the khichdi
- Cannes 2019: Priyanka Chopra looks like a goddess in an ombre sequin thigh-high slit dress
- Cannes 2019: Deepika Padukone is a vision in white thigh-high slit gown
- Cannes 2019: Kangana Ranaut nails the saree and opera gloves look with panache
- Tiger Shroff: Dance-off with Hrithik Roshan will be tough
- From Bharat to Kyrgyzstan; makers plan a worldwide release
- Aditya Seal: Didn't draw comparisons between SOTY 2 and Avengers
- De De Pyaar De review: Ajay Devgn, Rakul Preet Singh, Tabu's film not a regular rom-com
- Vir Das: Want to visit as many cities as we can
Public Review of PM Narendra Modi biopic