Steven Spielberg: Filmmakers should make movies for theatres
Veteran filmmaker Steven Spielberg has urged other filmmakers to make movies for theatres and not just for television
Veteran filmmaker Steven Spielberg has urged other filmmakers to make movies for theatres and not just for television. While accepting the Filmmaker Award at the Cinema Audio Society Awards, Spielberg requested filmmakers to focus on giving the audience a theatrical experience, reports variety.com.
He said: "I hope all of us really continue to believe that the greatest contributions we can make as filmmakers is to give audiences the motion picture theatrical experience. I'm a firm believer that movie theatres need to be around forever."
Spielberg said he was not against television, but he feels theatre has far better experience.
"I love television. I love the opportunity. Some of the greatest writing being done today is for television, some of the best directing for television, some of the best performances are on television today.
"The sound is better in homes more than it ever has been in history but there's nothing like going to a big dark theatre with people you've never met before and having the experience wash over you. That's something we all truly believe in," he added.
Top Stories of the Day:
- Karisma Kapoor turns 45: Interesting facts about the actress you may not know
- It was a quiet wedding ceremony for Aarti Chabria and Visharad Beedassy
- Have Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff officially broken up?
- Telly Tattle: Sanjay Gagnani's fanboy moment with Johny Lever
- Preity G Zinta: Will announce TV, film projects by year-end
- Ahan Shetty goes shirtless while playing football in Bandra
- Tiger Shroff and Disha Patani were out on a dinner date in Bandra
- Sunny Leone, Malika Arora, Nushrat Bharucha at their gyms in Bandra
- Kunal Kapoor: Urgent need to address bullying
- Akshay Kumar and Parineeti Chopra-starrer Kesari heads to Japan
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe