Anil Kapoor, Shekhar Kapur tease new project
There's a new project in the pipeline for Shekhar Kapur and actor Anil Kapoor, who made a formidable director-actor pair in the iconic 1987 film Mr. India, and it may even be a sequel
There's a new project in the pipeline for Shekhar Kapur and actor Anil Kapoor, who made a formidable director-actor pair in the iconic 1987 film Mr. India, and it may even be a sequel. Anil and Shekhar recently met and shared a glimpse of the meeting on Twitter.
Shekhar teased fans as he wrote: "Discussing the look for the next 'Mr India 2', or another movie together? You tell them Anil."
Then Anil wrote: "Feels like deja vu! Shekhar and I are deep in discussion about something new and super exciting! We're hoping to create the same magic we did before with 'Mr. India'."
Feels like déjà vu! @shekharkapur & I are deep in discussion about something new and super exciting! We're hoping to create the same magic we did before with Mr. India...The cap adjustment was lucky then, and it might do the trick this time as well! ð pic.twitter.com/Je9she0YGp— Anil Kapoor (@AnilKapoor) May 17, 2019
In the photograph, Shekhar is seen adjusting a cap on Anil's head. In Mr. India, Anil portrayed the character of Arun Verma, who wore a blazer and white hat throughout the film. Recalling Arun's style, Anil quipped: "The cap adjustment was lucky then, and it might do the trick this time as well."
Mr. India is the story of a poor man (Anil) who gives shelter to orphans. After discovering his scientist father's invisibility device, he rises to the occasion and fights to save his children and all of India from the clutches of a villain Mogambo -- an unforgettable portrayal by late actor Amrish Puri. The film also features late actress Sridevi, who earned the title of Hawa Hawaii with the film, courtesy the hit song.
Top entertainment stories of the day:
- Kangana Ranaut slays like a boss in a black pantsuit at Cannes Grey Goose Party
- De De Pyar De Movie Review - Old man and the khichdi
- Cannes 2019: Priyanka Chopra looks like a goddess in an ombre sequin thigh-high slit dress
- Cannes 2019: Deepika Padukone is a vision in white thigh-high slit gown
- Cannes 2019: Kangana Ranaut nails the saree and opera gloves look with panache
- Tiger Shroff: Dance-off with Hrithik Roshan will be tough
- From Bharat to Kyrgyzstan; makers plan a worldwide release
- Aditya Seal: Didn't draw comparisons between SOTY 2 and Avengers
- De De Pyaar De review: Ajay Devgn, Rakul Preet Singh, Tabu's film not a regular rom-com
- Vir Das: Want to visit as many cities as we can
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
'Dedicated' Anil Kapoor had to let go Hollywood projects for '24'