Anurag Kashyap feels truth is stranger than fiction
Anurag Kashyap who has made films like Paanch and Raman Raghav 2.0 based on the life of serial killers, feels that truth is stranger than fiction
Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap, who has made films like Paanch and Raman Raghav 2.0 based on the life of serial killers, feels that truth is stranger than fiction. Anurag was interacting with the media at the launch of author Anirban Bhattacharya's book titled The Deadly Dozen: India's Most Notorious Serial Killers on Thursday.
Asked what is it about the mind of a serial killer that draws him to make films on them, Anurag said: "It's always inexplicable… I don't understand what makes them the way they are and that's what is very interesting because you can't make sense of it.
"I feel the logic, the intelligence and no kind of reasoning works there. It is just as it is and that is what is scary about them."
What kind of challenges does he face when he fictionalises something that has already happened?
He said: "I feel we don't need to fictionalise it, but the thing is sometimes circumstances force you to fictionalise it. I genuinely believe that truth is stranger than fiction because fiction is still created from a mind that is still trying to think within its limited capacity."
Top Entertainment Stories Of The Day:
- Shilpa Shetty 44th birthday: Raj Kundra's sweet message for 'darling'
- Bharat Box Office Day 3: Stands at Rs 95.50 crore total; all set to enter 100 crore club today
- B-town buzz: Varun Dhawan's old ties, Boman Irani's dinner and Abhishek Kapoor's Sharaabi
- Meghna Gulzar on Deepika Padukone: Not easy for leading lady to transform into acid attack victim
- At 44, Shilpa Shetty can still give the younger actresses a run for their money
- Dimple Kapadia's gorgeous photos from her younger days that will make you say 'wow'
- Do you know about these Bollywood actors' charitable acts?
- When Bollywood stars shared the screen with family members in films
- Boney Kapoor takes South superstar Ajith across three continents
- 'Kabir Singh made me feel that I never want to become this person'
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe