Debt-ridden farmer commits suicide in Rajasthan
The farmer was 48-year-old and the police have found the body hanging from a tree planted in the premises of Collectorate office
Hanumangarh: A debt-ridden farmer allegedly committed suicide on Wednesday by hanging himself from a tree in state's Hanumangarh district, police said. ," he added.
Further investigation into the matter is underway. In April, another debt-ridden farmer had committed suicide by hanging himself from a cliff near his village in Niphad region of Maharashtra. The farmer was identified as Subhash Yashwant Shinde. The local police had stated that he committed suicide as he was tensed due to debt.
Recent suicide cases
A 47-year-old farmer, who was apparently under depression due to unavailability of water and fodder for his cattle and drought allegedly committed suicide in Maharashtra's Satara district, police said. The deceased identified as Sampat Kokre hanged himself from the ceiling of a room at his house in Man tehsil, located around 250 km, stated an official at Dahiwadi police station. He took the extreme step to end his life when his wife and son had gone out of the house for some work, the official added. On being informed, the police immediately rushed to the spot and sent the body for postmortem, the official said. The farmer's nephew, Uttam Kokre, said, "My uncle was under depression as he did not have any work due to drought and unavailability of water. He had some land and a few cattle, but was unable to feed them well."
Avinash Mishra, a Chandivali resident was found hanging from the ceiling fan of his apartment. Mishra, 28, ran a security agency and his family believes this is a case of murder, not suicide. Meanwhile, the Sakinaka police, have registered a case of Accidental Death and have sent the body for a post-mortem. Mishra, a resident of SRA Colony in Sangharsh Nagar, was living with his associate, Amit Mishra, 35. Avinash's agency, JVS, employed around 70 guards. In the first week of May, he had gone to his hometown Allahabad to visit his parents.
Top News Stories Of The Day
- Mumbai cops land in LOC to search man who sent a pornographic video on WhatsApp
- mid-day test drive: Mumbai streets are alive with the danger of cylinders
- Mumbai: Priest dies of shock after seeing truck run over boy at Sion-Koliwada
- Mumbai: Snakes frequenting posh Malabar Hill Society scare residents
- Dead man's case files go missing from JJ Hospital
- Mumbai: 23 BMM students of Khalsa college stranded in final year
- Shiv Sena may get Dy CM post soon
- Thane police crack Vajreshwari temple theft, nab five
- Mumbai: Rape accused flees from cops through hospital toilet in Versova
- BJP in Mumbai North to keep 3,000 laddoos, pedas ready for Thursday
- Tushar Gandhi: To drag Bapu in was strategically planned
- Mumbai Mahila Congress seeks FIR against Vivek Oberoi for insulting women's modesty
- Court quashes sexual assault FIR against actor Jeetendra filed by cousin
- TikTok Celebrity Mohit Mor shot dead; act captured on CCTV
- Poonam Mahajan: Unseen family photos of Pramod Mahajan's daughter
- Elections 2019: Popular politicians and key battles in Mumbai
- Mumbai tour operators cancel travel plans to save the fireflies
- These photos of Milind Deora with wife Pooja and family are precious
Edited by mid-day online desk with inputs from Agencies
Rajasthan: Student allegedly commits suicide