Elections 2019: Bappi Lahiri gifts a piece of music on Narendra Modi's win
Unable to release his hail-NaMo song during elections, Bappi Lahiri gifts it to PM following win
Even as Prime Minister Narendra Modi's supporters continue to celebrate his landslide victory in the Lok Sabha elections, composer Bappi Lahiri has a special gift for the charismatic leader. Turns out, the singer-composer had created a single in March — titled Modi ji hai, Modi ji rahenge — hoping that the political party use the track for their rallies. While that was not to be, the makers could not release the song thereafter as it violated the Model Code of Conduct. Now, with the elections behind them, the composer has sent the track to Modi as a congratulatory wish.
Bhavesh Tanna, one of the producers of the song, says, "As per the Election Commission's rules, the BJP media cell can only give five songs to media [including TV channels] for promotion. Our song was not selected as we could not submit it to them on time." The six-minute track is a propaganda piece that hails the leader and his various programmes, including Swacch Bharat Abhiyan and Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao campaign.
Talking to mid-day, Lahiri reveals that he had released the song on YouTube, on April 6, before the polling began. "Although I had launched the song on YouTube, I could not release it across channels because of the electoral rules and regulations," he rues. However, the delay has neither affected him nor his labour of love. With renewed vigour, the composer utilised the time to shoot a new video for the song and is now planning a grand launch. "I sent the video to Modi ji on Thursday after his stupendous victory. I also plan to host an event and have the song launched by a prominent politician."
Top entertainment stories of the day:
- India's Most Wanted Movie Review: Bit of an empty shell
- Cannes 2019: Best photos of 'queen' Kangana Ranaut
- 'Dimple Kapadia had never auditioned for Christopher Nolan's Tenet until now'
- PM Narendra Modi biopic Movie Review: Goodness that even Modi may not buy
- Malaika Arora is giving us major vacay goals with this picture!
- PM Narendra Modi or India's Most Wanted - Which movie will lead at the box office?
- India's Most Wanted Movie Review: Arjun Kapoor and squad own the film
- John Abraham to romance with Divya Khosla Kumar in Satyamev Jayate 2?
- Malaika Arora looks hot in camouflage satin maxi dress when spotted in Bandra
- Amrita Arora Ladak and Shakeel Ladak's dinner outing in Bandra
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe