Gangster involved in over two dozen cases arrested in Gurgaon
The accused identified as Kushpal was arrested along with his associates from Khatola village on Monday night
Gurgaon: Police on Wednesday arrested a gangster, who is involved in over two dozen cases including murder. He was nabbed when he had come to celebrate his son's birthday, said police.
The accused identified as Kushpal was arrested along with his associates from Khatola village on Monday night. Police allege that the accused is involved in over two dozen criminal cases, including those of murder, dacoity, kidnapping, and had was recently named in an attempt to murder case of Ved Prakash, a local criminal in Maneser, police said.
"On Monday night, Kushpal along with his two close aides Brahmajeet alias Rinku and Virender alias Veeru, came to Khatola village to celebrate his son's birthday but was arrested by a team of the Crime Branch following a tip-off," said ACP Crime Shamsher Singh.
"Kushpal had old enmity with Ved Prakash, who had allegedly killed Kushpal's nephew Manoj in 2007," the ACP said. Prakash is out on bail.
In another similar case, the Delhi Police last week arrested gangster Paramjeet Dalal, one of the top ten criminals of Delhi who was carrying a reward of Rs 1 lakh on his head, a police officer said.
The team of Special Cell arrested Dalal during an encounter at around 5.15 a.m. in Sector 37, Rohini after getting a tip-off.
During cross firing, Dalal suffered a bullet injury in his left leg when he tried to escape from the spot, the official said.
"He was later overpowered and shifted to Ambedkar Hospital under police custody."
A resident of Haryana's Bahadurgarh, Dalal was involved in over dozen of criminal cases in Delhi and Haryana. He was evading his arrest from the last few years, said the officer.
(With inputs from PTI)
Top News Stories Of The Day
- Mumbai police probe Aditya Pancholi for 'assault and exploitation'
- Sion Hospital rape: He threatened to strangle me to death, says victim
- Video of sickle brandishing 'dada' lands him in jail in Wakad
- Mumbai: Toy gun breaks off as caretaker tries to rob Malad businessmen
- Five years on, Mumbai University continues to use old, shabby library
- Mumbai recalls 'fine gentleman' Nazir Hoosein behind Liberty Cinema
- Carrom player accident: Dombivli residents want working traffic lights, dedicated cops
- Forced to leave Mumbai, Pandey now struggles as a tea-seller in Kashi
- New BMC chief Pravin Pardeshi brings engineers back from leave
- Mumbai: Charkop citizens protest BMC's tree 'trimming'
- Witness statements don't support Tanushree Dutta's sexual harassment story, says Mumbai cops
- Sleepless on SV Road: Mumbai Metro 2B din ruins nights of Santacruz residents
- Skymet: Below normal rainfall expected in monsoon, 15 per cent chance of drought
- Mumbai Crime: Nigerian duo arrested for stealing money from ATMs
- Body of unidentified woman found at Juhu Chowpatty
Gurgaon: Principal arrested in attempt to rape case