Joe Jonas-Sophie Turner Vegas wedding: Parents as clueless as fans
Denise Miller-Jonas and Paul Kevin Jonas Sr got to know about their son's wedding while they were busy working at their restaurant, Nellie's Southern Kitchen in North Carolina
Not just fans, but Joe Jonas' parents too were unaware of his surprise Las Vegas wedding to Sophie Turner. During a Radio show, Joe revealed that his folks, like everyone else, found out about the nuptials through social media.
Denise Miller-Jonas and Paul Kevin Jonas Sr got to know about their son's wedding while they were busy working at their restaurant, Nellie's Southern Kitchen in North Carolina.
In his defence, Jonas said he did not consider the Las Vegas wedding an important ceremony. According to him, it is the legal portion of the marriage that holds significance.
So, they only invited the people who were present in town that day. "In my mind, that was the legal portion of the marriage. So I was thinking, 'This is not the most important day. There's an important day, I mean, I'll keep private, but ahead of us. So we invited whoever was in town," a weekly quoted him as saying.
The couple surprised the world when, after their stunning appearance at the Billboard Music Awards in May, Jonas and Turner got hitched in Vegas.
It was all thanks to American DJ Diplo — who broke the news on social media by posting a series of Instagram stories from the private ceremony — that the world got know about the wedding.
The stories featured the couple together at the aisle alongside the other Jonas brothers.
Talking about the wedding, sister-in-law Priyanka Chopra Jonas said: "Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner's surprise Las Vegas wedding was super fun. Although Joe and Sophie's nuptials came as a surprise to many, Priyanka says it was 'on brand' for the carefree couple."
"That was so fun. It was so fun! And it's so Jophie, I call them Jophie. It's like, trust them to do that. That is Jophie," Priyanka said.
Priyanka further added: "It was really funny. We were at the Billboards. Joe I think had this idea that he wanted to do this. But we were at the Billboards and he had these little black cards that we all got. We were randomly inviting our friends, like people that we met. We were like, 'alright, we're going to set up this wedding now, we're going to the chapel right from here, and please arrive, please arrive'. We had Diplo, Khalid, they were really sweet, they arrived."
Top Entertainment Stories Of The Day:
- Shilpa Shetty 44th birthday: Raj Kundra's sweet message for 'darling'
- Bharat Box Office Day 3: Stands at Rs 95.50 crore total; all set to enter 100 crore club today
- B-town buzz: Varun Dhawan's old ties, Boman Irani's dinner and Abhishek Kapoor's Sharaabi
- Meghna Gulzar on Deepika Padukone: Not easy for leading lady to transform into acid attack victim
- At 44, Shilpa Shetty can still give the younger actresses a run for their money
- Dimple Kapadia's gorgeous photos from her younger days that will make you say 'wow'
- Do you know about these Bollywood actors' charitable acts?
- When Bollywood stars shared the screen with family members in films
- Boney Kapoor takes South superstar Ajith across three continents
- 'Kabir Singh made me feel that I never want to become this person'
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe