Journalists attacked by pharmaceutical company employees
The workers of Beloor Biotech Boylor mercilessly hit the journalists, who were admitted in the nearby hospital for the treatment
Local journalists on Wednesday here were allegedly attacked by the employees of a pharmaceutical firm as the scribes were trying to report issues faced by locals due to the presence of the company in the vicinity.
The workers of Beloor Biotech Boylor mercilessly hit the journalists, who were admitted in the nearby hospital for the treatment.
After receiving the complaint, Deputy Chief Minister G Parameshwara met the victims at the hospital and assured justice.
A case has been registered against the accused.
Prashant Kanojia case
The incident has come to light just hours after a journalist in Shamli was beaten by a group of GRP personnel for covering the derailment of a goods train. In the video, the journalist can be seen been mercilessly thrashed by a group of men.
A journalist Prashant Kanojia, was also arrested for allegedly making objectionable comments against Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on social media. This led to a huge rage in the country.
An FIR was registered against Noida-based journalist Prashant Kanojia at Hazratganj police station in Lucknow on Friday night in which it was alleged that the accused made "objectionable comments against the CM and tried to malign his image".
The Supreme Court on Tuesday granted bail to journalist Prashant Kanojia, who was arrested. A vacation bench, comprising Justices Indira Banerjee and Ajay Rastogi, said Right to Liberty, a fundamental right, is non-negotiable. However, the bench said the bail does not mean it approves of the journalist's tweets or posts on social media.
Inputs from ANI
Top stories of the day
- The Dutch mystery: Man wanted is on temple run in Maharashtra
- Win Rs 10,000 if you find the truck that dumped this debris in south Mumbai
- Mumbai Crime: Man rapes teenage girl in Bandra, blackmails her with video
- Mumbai: Banned newspaper is still vendors' first choice for serving food
- Meet Vasai's traffic stoppers who are being the change they wish to see
- Mumbai Crime: Chain-snatchers' new modus ends at police station lock-up
- Mumbai: Chain-snatching cases drop but recovery still poor
- Thane Municipal Corporation unprepared for monsoon, says social activist
- Mumbai: Bad roads this year, too at Aarey Colony
- Mumbai on alert in wake of cyclone Vayu: Disaster Management Department
- For non-SSC students, internal marks won't count
- Shiv Sena, BJP start bickering over CM's post, seat-sharing
- Ujjwala Raut: Here's what the 41 year old supermodel of the 90s is doing now
- Worst crimes: These monstrous mothers murdered their children!
- Amruta Fadnavis wows with her soulful performance in Los Angeles
- These famous schools, colleges are also popular for Bollywood shoots
- Narendra Modi shares a hearty laugh with Sri Lanka President
- Bollywood celebs you probably don't know are related
- Do you know Tamannaah Bhatia made her Bollywood debut at age 15?
- When Shahid Kapoor went out of his way to help his on-screen sister-in-law
- Saif Ali Khan feels bad when he reaches home and finds Taimur asleep
- Here's how Shahid Kapoor transformed for Kabir Singh
- Malaika Arora and Tara Sutaria's Bandra outing is all things casual
- World Cup 2019: Team India watch Salman Khan's new movie Bharat
- World Cup 2019: Warm-up win vs India doesn't mean Kiwis are are hot!
- World Cup 2019: Steve Waugh compares Hardik Pandya with Lance Klusener
Water activist Amla Ruia speaks to mid-day