Ram Gopal Varma's comment on Vicky Kaushal's Bhoot's first look poster
As Karan Johar unveiled the first look poster of Bhoot, starring Vicky Kaushal, filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma commented on Twitter on it.
As we had earlier reported, Vicky Kaushal is all set to feature in Karan Johar's upcoming horror venture. KJo on June 7 had even taken to Twitter to announce that his Dharma Productions would soon be 'anchoring' a horror film franchise.
This is what Karan Johar had tweeted:
And now, the filmmaker officially announced his first horror franchise titled Bhoot: Part One - The Haunted Ship, along with the film's poster.
Karan shared the film's first poster captioned: "Presenting 'Bhoot : Part One - The Haunted Ship'! The first in the franchise, starring the supremely talented Vicky Kaushal, directed by Bhanu Pratap Singh. Sailing towards you on November 15, 2019."
Presenting #Bhoot : Part One - The Haunted Ship! The FIRST in the franchise, starring the supremely talented @vickykaushal09, directed by @Bps_91. Sailing towards you on 15th November, 2019.@apoorvamehta18 @ShashankKhaitan @DharmaMovies pic.twitter.com/06dJ8cyIt0— Karan Johar (@karanjohar) June 10, 2019
Interestingly, Ram Gopal Varma's 2003 horror flick too was titled Bhoot. The film starring Urmila Matondkar and Ajay Devgn is RGV's one of the most successful films.
Ramu was quick to comment on KJo's Bhoot and tweeted, "Hey Karan Johar the poster is looking WOW! Can't wait to see the intense Vicky Kaushal in this genre. [sic]"
KJo replied saying, "Thanks for your generosity Ramu....Means a lot to all of us at @DharmaMovies #Bhoot"
Karan was keen on the title Bhoot, which he felt was apt for the genre. Film buffs would recall that Ram Gopal Varma had made two films under the same title in the early 2000s. Karan reached out to RGV, requesting for the title for his new franchise. And, he instantly honoured his request.
Thanking his gesture, Karan says, "I made an unreasonable request to Ramu, asking him for his franchise title BHOOT and he graciously and magnanimously agreed to give it to us without even blinking an eyelid. All of us at Dharma are blown away by his generosity and are eternally grateful to him. We aspire to make sure the title is in the right hands of horror."
Helming the project is debutante director Bhanu, and it is jointly produced by Hiroo Yash Johar, Apoorva Mehta, Shashank Khaitan and Karan. However, other details related to the film are still under wraps.
Dharma Production is well known for films like "My Name Is Khan", "Student of the Year", "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani", "The Lunchbox", "Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania, "Kapoor & Sons", "Ae Dil Hai Mushkil", "Dear Zindagi", "Raazi", "Dhadak", "Kalank" and "Student Of The Year 2".
Top stories of the day:
- Noted actor Girish Karnad passes away at the age of 81
- Does Ranveer Singh give style tips to wife Deepika Padukone? Netizens think so
- Malaika Arora, Arjun Kapoor, Varun Dhawan, Natasha Dalal at Sonam Kapoor's 43rd birthday brunch
- Alia Bhatt goes sans makeup again, and this time, it's for Sadak 2
- Hansal Mehta, Rajkummar Rao don't want your money
- Kiara Advani on Kabir Singh: Simple roles can be tough to play
- Nagpur's Sugandha Date wins Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Li'l Champs
- Bandra Diaries: Malaika Arora's galaxy gym shorts are ruling the internet
- Do you know Karan Wahi was selected for the Under-19 cricket team alongside Virat Kohli?
- Ira Khan, Iulia Vantur and Sohail Khan at restaurant launch in Bandra
- Workout diaries: Janhvi Kapoor and Khushi Kapoor spotted in Bandra
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
God, Sex and Truth adult star Mia Malkova is Ram Gopal Varma's new muse