Taapsee Pannu: Actors wanted my portion abridged in Saand Ki Aankh
Taapsee Pannu says three actors refused to share screen space in equal measure with her in Saand Ki Aankh
Inarguably among the limited lot of actors who have charted their success on their own merit, Taapsee Pannu's mere association with a film could make it more saleable for prospective co-stars. But, she says it took the makers of Saand Ki Aankh over two years to find an actor willing to share screen space in equal measure, before roping in Bhumi Pednekar.
"Three leading ladies declined the film while I was on board. People made requests, asking the makers to reduce my portion. I am glad the producers stood their ground and denied it," says Pannu. Having shone in films featuring an ensemble cast, Pannu says she was in search of a script that had another female actor alongside her. "My only condition was to get an actress who belonged to my league. It shouldn't have looked like a lopsided power-game show."
Slated for a Diwali release, Pannu says the makers plan to attach the trailer to Hrithik Roshan's next, Super 30.
Top entertainment stories of the day:
- Raj Kumar Hirani weaves love story for Shah Rukh Khan?
- Janhvi Kapoor and Khushi Kapoor clicked at brother Arjun Kapoor's residence
- Bharat Box Office: Salman Khan's film has a fantastic opening
- See Photos: Shah Rukh Khan had a special guest during Eid 2019 celebrations
- Bandra Diaries: This is how Malaika Arora is beating the heat this summer
- Rajinikanth snapped with wife Latha and daughter Soundarya in Bandra
- This is how Arjun Rampal and Gabriella Demetriades chill when at home
- Disha Patani looks chic in distressed jeans and white corset top
- Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif, Tiger-Disha, Sunny Leone, Ira Khan, Giorgia, Iulia at screening of Bharat
- Sayani Gupta: Would stand out with my skin tone in Article 15
- 25 photos of Katrina Kaif that redefine sexiness
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe