Woman's decapitated head found after earphones gets entangled in lift
The police found earphones plugged in the severed head and suspect the earphone cable might have got entangled in the collapsible grill of the lift leading to the accident
In a bizarre incident, a 48-year-old woman's head was severed from the body after it got stuck in an elevator of a plastic manufacturing factory in Vadodara city. According to the police, the deceased identified as Sushila Vishwakarma took the elevator from the ground floor for the top floor when the incident happened. The deceased who hailed from Uttar Pradesh, worked as a help in the unit and came for work around 8 am. She took the elevator for the third floor when her head got stuck in the lift.
According to the Indian Express, her severed head was found on the ground floor and the body got dragged with the lift to the third floor. The police found earphones plugged in the severed head and suspect the earphone cable might have got entangled in the collapsible grill of the lift leading to the accident. The investigating officer, M N Saporiya of Bapod police station said. "The elevator, which is without a roof, is used specifically for carrying goods. We are speculating that she was using her phone and absent-mindedly she tried to stick her head outside the lift, which started heading up and the accident happened. Hence her body was dragged till the last floor and head got severed."
The body was retrieved with the help of fire officials and handed over to the family after post-mortem. Inspector T R Bamaniya from Bapod police station said, a case of accidental death has been filed and are trying to find out if the elevator was faulty.
Top News Stories Of The Day
- Mumbai doctor's suicide: When corridors of learning turn into passages of discrimination
- Pune: 21-year-old MBBS student commits suicide
- Raise taxi rates from Rs 22 to Rs 30 or face strike, say Mumbai cab drivers
- With 60 tigers, conflict ahead for Brahmapuri?
- Shivaji Park to get coloured chips instead of paint on its boundary wall
- Narendra Dabholkar accused in CBI custody till June 4
- Bombay HC prioritises mental health of litigants
- Mumbai: New education policy to focus on individual
- Mumbai Crime: Man killed by mob in BKC; seven arrested in case
- 67-year-old Mumbai resident makes water from thin air
- Soon, you can drink out of Mumbai's restored pyaavs
- Art Deco's forgotten hero
- The 'other' Anglo women of the Raj
- Mumbai's dabbawalas face fear of extinction
- A tale about handsome Mumbai siblings
- Nutritionist and home baker give cheese a vegan spin
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe