36 years on, Team India meets West Indies for '83 biopic
Ahead of shoot, '83 director plans to rope in west indies world cup players sir Viv Richards, Desmond Haynes for interaction with Ranveer & Co
Ranveer Singh and his on-screen cricket squad are only a fortnight away from kicking off the shoot of '83 in London. While the boys underwent a 10- day training camp in Dharamshala under the supervision of Kapil Dev and other cricketing legends who brought home the World Cup trophy in 1983, it appears that their training in the sport is far from over. Director Kabir Khan is in the process of arranging an interaction between the actors and the 1983 West Indies team, including Sir Vivian Richards, Gordon Greenidge and Desmond haynes.
Sir Viv Richards
Ammy Virk, who steps into the shoes of Balvinder Singh Sandhu for the sports drama, tells mid- day, "The cast and crew are flying down to London on May 27. We have a 10- day practice session in the British capital. The makers are trying to get Gordon Greenidge, Michael holding, Viv Richards, Andy Roberts and Desmond Haynes to attend these sessions. [ The idea is to get first- hand accounts] of their techniques and their mindspace during the final match. The makers are also hoping that they will be available for a few days during the shoot."
Haynes and Gordon Greenidge; (left) Sir Vivian Richards
The practice sessions will also see the boys — including Saqib Saleem, Sahil Khattar and Jiiva, among others — hit the pitch with actors who will slip into the roles of players from competing nations. "Our director has chosen actors from all over the world and they will essay the roles of cricketing legends like Malcolm Marshall, Clive Lloyd, Arjuna Ranatunga and many more.
Balvinder sir has already held a few sessions with them, but now we will face them on the field," says Amy Virk.
Top Entertainment Stories of the day:
- Watch video: How Sonam Kapoor got her gorgeous golden Cannes 2019 look
- Disha Patani shares a video in slow motion twirling all the way for her fans!
- Nora Fatehi on working with Salman Khan in Bharat: More to me than dance
- Vivek Oberoi gets police protection, after receiving death threats
- Dimple Kapadia set to feature in Christopher Nolan's Tenet
- Amitabh Bachchan spontaneously added Marathi dialogues, says producer Akshay Bardapurkar
- Karisma Kapoor: My digital debut Mentalhood shares various emotions of being a mom
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe