Domestic help accused in Delhi robbery worth Rs 15 lakh nabbed from Bangalore
The Delhi police team managed to trace her location to Bangalore from where she was arrested along with her husband and the stolen items
On May 21, 2019, the Delhi Police managed to arrest a woman in Bangalore for allegedly robbing a house in Delhi where she was working as domestic help. The accused was identified as Shanti Joshi, and she had recently started working at the house in Defence Colony.
According to the police, the domestic help was reported missing along with a safe which had jewelry and cash worth Rs 15 lakh. An FIR was about the same a month ago and the police even put the mobile number of the accused on surveillance.
"The complainant had not filed for police verification of the domestic help, so it became easy for the accused to flee. However her phone number which was the only lead for us helped to nab her," said Vijay Kumar, Deputy Commissioner of Police (South).
About ten days ago, the Delhi police team managed to trace her location to Bangalore from where she was arrested along with her husband and the stolen items.
In a similar incident, four persons, including two juveniles, were nabbed in connection with robbery and snatching cases in Samaypur Badli area of Delhi. The accused was identified as Sonu (18) and Monu (34), they said. With the their arrest, 14 cases of robbery, snatching and motor vehicle thefts have been solved, police said. Read the full story here.
With inputs from IANS
Top News Stories Of The Day
- Mumbai: TikTok user arrested for dangerous bike stunts back in 2017
- Travel agent dupes south Mumbai travellers of Rs 3.08 lakh
- Mumbai Crime: Four nabbed for illegal soil excavation in Gorai
- Mumbai crime: Within four hours of murder, cops nab 2 accused
- Shiv Sena corporator, Salman Khan discuss Being Human for BMC
- Congress leaders' discuss water issues with Mumbai civic chief
- How did you spend our money? BMC chief asks the Railways
- Mumbai: Sion flyover to be shut for one month
- Can we leave the fireflies alone, please?
- Alert Mumbai Metro staff helps commuter get back lost wallet in four hours
- Mumbai lift mishap: BDL lift has not had a licence for last 14 years
- Pune: Loud purring alerts cops to leopard cubs being smuggled
- Between the real and the abstract
- The future of Idli Manchurian
- Smita Thackeray, Maanayata Dutt, Amitabh Bachchan at an event in Andheri
- Remembering Rajiv Gandhi: Rare pictures of former Prime Minister of India
- British Royal kids Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis play in the woods
- These photos of Amruta Fadnavis enjoying the rains are romantic as ever!
- Popular Mumbai salons that Bollywood's top actresses visit
- mid day editorial: Let's start making every drop of water count
- British Royal kids George, Charlotte and Louis play in the woods
Liquor worth Rs. 20 Lakhs destroyed ahead of panchayat polls